Do you think the Bills are going to make a big run at Clowney?

njbuff

8 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills were in on trading for him, but fell short.

Now that he might be free (if Seattle doesn't franchise him)..........

Will the Bills make another strong push for him?

I guess I'd like you to back up and tell me what you know about the Bills being in on trading for him?

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Will address UFA stuff after the tag deadline passes. But yes he is an edge and I think Bills will be looking for an Edge in UFA 

That's kind of where I am.  Teams can use 2 tags this year; wait to see how the tags fly.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I guess I'd like you to back up and tell me what you know about the Bills being in on trading for him?

That's kind of where I am.  Teams can use 2 tags this year; wait to see how the tags fly.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know the Bills were one of the teams in on trading for him.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

that is the exact reason I am holding off. Especially for non-rebuilds (64 tags can thin out that UFA depth very quickly)

I do not like Clowney in Buffalo.

not that opinion should ever set precedent : )

But i feel Bills will find a couple edge guys using more than one method.

Drafting is my hope. and sprinkle in some FA.
Depending on Lawson and Murphy.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Eyes wides open of course.
is this where Bills splash ?

should be fun : )

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

This.  If there's one prime FA to go after this is the guy.

Seems to be the consensus around here.

Care to reiterate why though ?

Beane's interest in AB notwithstanding, I think Beane prefers to find his playmakers in the draft and then augment them with solid role players in free agency.  FA superstars like Clowney are almost always overpriced.  While I wouldn't be shocked if Beane sniffs around Clowney, I don't expect him to pony up.   

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, hondo in seattle said:

Beane's interest in AB notwithstanding, I think Beane prefers to find his playmakers in the draft and then augment them with solid role players in free agency.  FA superstars like Clowney are almost always overpriced.  While I wouldn't be shocked if Beane sniffs around Clowney, I don't expect him to pony up.   

So where is the 90M in space being spent?

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

think the Seattle deal included a no tag on Clowney so he will up for the highest bidders   I'm sure Beane will at least kick tires.  Honestly want them to dump assets into offense.  Defense is good enough they can resupply through the draft and minor free agents.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Bills were in on trading for him, but fell short.

Now that he might be free (if Seattle doesn't franchise him)..........

Will the Bills make another strong push for him?

No I think the Bills wanted him on the one year 8 million dollar contract to get him in the building and see how he fit in the organization.   This way they could get the full Clowney experience and determine whether they were willing to give him the larger contract.   I dont see them as be in on a guy for 20 million or more they have no real context for outside of Brian Gaine.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1