Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

DJB

11 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

why?  Because he high points?  

how is a guy Shenault that brings the same skill sets as three of our WRs not a better fit?

Not really sure what that means but I’ll attempt.

Biggest reason:  I feel he has better hands.  I also feel that he’s a better deep threat, runs better routes and high points better.  

Shenaults route running and hands are a step below imo.   His playmaking ability with the ball in his hands are better than Higgins. 

Lets be realistic.  Our Qb is JA.  It would benefit I him to have a guy that does what Higgins specializes in.  A guy that could be very special at “going up to get it”.   Allen improvises a lot. Higgins is a great target for a qb like Ja imo. Shenault too, obv, he’s really good, but I prefer Higgins overall technique, hands and height to Shenaults explosiveness and bulk.....for this bills team 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Currently have Aiyuk as a third round grade. 

I bet he jumps into round one as he will kill the combine and he won't be out the question at 22?

Everyone seems to be jumping on this kids bandwagon.

My guy is Tyler Johnson in round 2 if the Bills don't go WR in round one.

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Not really sure what that means but I’ll attempt.

Biggest reason:  I feel he has better hands.  I also feel that he’s a better deep threat, runs better routes and high points better.  

Shenaults route running and hands are a step below imo.   His playmaking ability with the ball in his hands are better than Higgins. 

Lets be realistic.  Our Qb is JA.  It would benefit I him to have a guy that does what Higgins specializes in.  A guy that could be very special at “going up to get it”.   Allen improvises a lot. Higgins is a great target for a qb like Ja imo. Shenault too, obv, he’s really good, but I prefer Higgins overall technique, hands and height to Shenaults explosiveness and bulk.....for this bills team 

Shenaults hands are just as good. And high points very well as well. I do give you that is route tree is limited at this point and that is really because of how versatile and explosive he is. 

he has played QB (in WC), RB, Every WR spot. If he was in a Clemson or Bama where they put him at WR and let him be WR I think he would be looked at in the same light as Lamb and Jeudy. 

So I do give Higgins a better route tree and route running. I am concerned with Higgins ability to separate at the NFL level. His times will either confirm that or deny it. I think he is a 1st round WR and would not hate the pick if Shenault is gone (which very well could be likely once the offseason process starts and combine). 

I think Shenault just does more for me in terms of overall offense with his flexibility and explosiveness (again it might also be because I would want Bills double dipping at WR in this draft class). 

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I bet he jumps into round one as he will kill the combine and he won't be out the question at 22?

Everyone seems to be jumping on this kids bandwagon.

My guy is Tyler Johnson in round 2 if the Bills don't go WR in round one.

I think as process goes on I could see him as a second round grade for me as I refine my grades but I don’t see me grading him as a 1st round prospect. 

Just now, MAJBobby said:

I think as process goes on I could see him as a second round grade for me as I refine my grades but I don’t see me grading him as a 1st round prospect. 

I don't know man, a lot of people really like this kid.

It might come down to over evaluating him, but he is going to get a lot of love moving forward.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

I don't know man, a lot of people really like this kid.

It might come down to over evaluating him, but he is going to get a lot of love moving forward.

my grades will be refined as I make my initial ones really early in College Season. But I think to date only players that really have a high climb for me are those initially have a really low grade like a 6th or 7th. They grow the most. 

again I know my current grades are immature and will refine. 

but like they always say only takes one team to fall in love with you. 

7 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Shenaults hands are just as good. And high points very well as well. I do give you that is route tree is limited at this point and that is really because of how versatile and explosive he is. 

he has played QB (in WC), RB, Every WR spot. If he was in a Clemson or Bama where they put him at WR and let him be WR I think he would be looked at in the same light as Lamb and Jeudy. 

So I do give Higgins a better route tree and route running. I am concerned with Higgins ability to separate at the NFL level. His times will either confirm that or deny it. I think he is a 1st round WR and would not hate the pick if Shenault is gone (which very well could be likely once the offseason process starts and combine). 

I think Shenault just does more for me in terms of overall offense with his flexibility and explosiveness (again it might also be because I would want Bills double dipping at WR in this draft class). 

I hear ya.  I love shenault.  I’d be happy with him.  I was worried about Higgins separation as well until I started watching more tape.  He’s a better steelers than I thought he was.  But nothing like shenault

3 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

Wasn't this what most said about Sammy Watkins? Except that he lacked the ideal size of guys like AJ Green, Julio and other top WRs?

A lot of people overlooked Watkins’ less than ideal height and modest vertical jump as well as the fact that he caught most (over 50%) of his passes behind the LOS at Clemson. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

my grades will be refined as I make my initial ones really early in College Season. But I think to date only players that really have a high climb for me are those initially have a really low grade like a 6th or 7th. They grow the most. 

again I know my current grades are immature and will refine. 

but like they always say only takes one team to fall in love with you. 

That's exactly what happened with Kelly Stouffer way back in 1987 with the Cardinals.

The guy was a 5th round prospect that was chosen 6th overall in 1987. 

No other team was taking him until the 5th round.

Just one example of falling in love with the wrong player.

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He had a ***** combine. And fixed some of that during pro day. I would not exactly call him killing it. 

A 900 yard 7 TD rookie season is pretty darn good.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, njbuff said:

That's exactly what happened with Kelly Stouffer way back in 1987 with the Cardinals.

The guy was a 5th round prospect that was chosen 6th overall in 1987. 

No other team was taking him until the 5th round.

Just one example of falling in love with the wrong player.

yep can also put EJ in this discussion as well.  

That is why I always caveat prospect threads with where I grade them. And yep like every scout or people that right about prospects they too have their bias but when looking at the amount written and transparency you can get a range the player should be in. 

teams lack that transparency and can easily fall in love. Happens every year. 

2 minutes ago, MJS said:

A 900 yard 7 TD rookie season is pretty darn good.

it is a good rookie year. Not exactly tearing it up. Also look at his routes deep outside. Not exactly routes that are difficult for a size speed guy to complete. Again also had better 3-cone and Shuttle times are Proday. And if I remember his 10 yard split was also really good. 

Honestly we're all a bunch of armchair GM's we fall in love with players we think will take us to the promised land and we live for it. We search, we read, we watch college games and listen to commentators who your just waiting ro run down onto the field and suck the players dick the way they talk about who should be in the draft and teams (cup they're balls) covet, we watch highlight videos on YouTube, (should be watching individual games, which we're not privy to actually watch the good game film). And we say how much our team needs them. We don't get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to do that, they do. Who here thought in 2018 when we moved up to 7 in round 1 that we would have selected the other Josh. Everyone thought Rosen, and where is he. Same goes for Edmonds. We moved up top get him and look who was drafted after him, an all pro safety among others. But would we have it any other way. Edmonds is great. You don't ask an accountant to fix your car. You only hope that the guys that are truly in touch with the team are working together to make it the best it can be. McBeane have proven they work well together and have the heartbeat of the team and what's best for it. I guess if we all got some ***** and had lives this place would be devoid of all this conjecture, like "look I was right" waiting for a pat on the back from some online entity that makes no difference in your life. Yet I will be making my own draft board, deciding who I want, and who we should select. So,      how sad am I. 

7 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s early to be having inside information at this stage..

He is throwing darts at a board..

I think it goes “pasta at the wall to see if it sticks”...?

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gambit said:

All 3 are solid. I'd rather have Ruggs or Shenault myself. While Higgins is good, I feel like the other 2 are bigger difference makers. I feel like they can line up anywhere and be dangerous.

I tend to side with this logic.  You don't pick a tall guy because you need a tall guy. You take the most explosive player. And you keep Duke on the roster for the red zone stuff. 

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Higgins needs a ton of time in the weight room before he’ll be able to get off press coverage.  He is really slight in his shoulders. He’s got a Justin Hunter or James Hardy body (RIP).

Agreed.  Delpit on LSU isn’t a big guy and knocked him out of championship.  We need an AJ Brown/Deebo Samuel type.  

4 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

A lot of people overlooked Watkins’ less than ideal height and modest vertical jump as well as the fact that he caught most (over 50%) of his passes behind the LOS at Clemson. 

I remember reading this article before the draft and having reservations about Watkins. Yet I felt Eric Ebron was a better option. https://www.si.com/2014/04/15/sammy-watkins-clemson-nfl-draft