Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

DJB

37 minutes ago, clearwater cadet said:

ugh mock draft time already!

HEY! Be thankful this didn’t start months ago for Bills fans! Too many years like that! 

I’d actually like to thank the folks here who really study this stuff and help me get “draft ready”. Some of you provide some awesome insight and I sincerely appreciate what you add. 

Then there are the other self proclaimed experts, but I know when to just look away! I kid, I’ll have my own ignorant opinions at some point. I don’t even know enough for that yet.    :)

• Like (+1) 2

You can never have enough edge rushers. I say make the defense even better.

To win big in the NFL you must be elite at something. Buffalo defense was upper echelon, but I say take it to the level where there are virtually zero holes

A WR can be found in the 2nd round

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, he’s a 2nd rounder to me. My buddy is the President of the Clemson Alumni Association here and is a diehard. He follows them like I do the Bills. I defer all Clemson analysis to him. He says that Tee isn’t a 1st rounder. 

He didn't look that impressive to me in the playoff game with LSU---but that's the only game I've seen him in & LSU does have good cornerbacks.

8 minutes ago, 1st&ten said:

He didn't look that impressive to me in the playoff game with LSU---but that's the only game I've seen him in & LSU does have good cornerbacks.

It’s weird because a couple of years ago I thought he’d be an absolute star (and he still might be). I don’t see a ton of them and I’ve always liked him. My buddy just doesn’t think that he separates well enough compared to other guys. He thinks that he can be good but not great and said, “I wouldn’t take him in the 1st.” That’s enough for me. 

10 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Shenault was initially my best case scenario at 22 but I’ve switched over to Higgins.  I think his skill set is better suited for us than shenaults.

why?  Because he high points?  

how is a guy Shenault that brings the same skill sets as three of our WRs not a better fit?

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Lamb and Jeudy should be the first two off board. 

I like Lamb a bit more than Jeudy. 

now after those two it becomes a little muddled with Higgins, Ruggs, Shenault. 

All 3 are solid. I'd rather have Ruggs or Shenault myself. While Higgins is good, I feel like the other 2 are bigger difference makers. I feel like they can line up anywhere and be dangerous.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

That’s what he needs to get. I know many scouts are saying 4.5 is probably what he will run and needs to run. Anything slower and watch the tumble. 

I see a 4.5 out of him and that is ok as long as the 10 yard split, 3 Cone and Shuttle times are good. If they are not he is going to fall. 

I don’t want another WR that can’t get open and separate 

That's exactly the narrative that existed for DK Metcalf abd why he fell, and he's been killing it in the NFL.

1 minute ago, MJS said:

That's exactly the narrative that existed for DK Metcalf abd why he fell, and he's been killing it in the NFL.

He had a ***** combine. And fixed some of that during pro day. I would not exactly call him killing it. 

24 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

It’s weird because a couple of years ago I thought he’d be an absolute star (and he still might be). I don’t see a ton of them and I’ve always liked him. My buddy just doesn’t think that he separates well enough compared to other guys. He thinks that he can be good but not great and said, “I wouldn’t take him in the 1st.” That’s enough for me. 

The playoffs were not kind to the Tee Higgins evaluation, IMO.    He went up against legit pro-type talent and really got physically pushed around.   That doesn't bode well for instant impact at the NFL level so I expect teams will be afraid of taking him that early and then having to deal with the failure to meet early expectations from fans and media etc..   Nice guy to be able to stash behind an AJ Green for a year or two though.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

The playoffs were not kind to the Tee Higgins evaluation, IMO.    He went up against legit pro-type talent and really got physically pushed around.   That doesn't bode well for instant impact at the NFL level so I expect teams will be afraid of taking him that early and then having to deal with the failure to meet early expectations from fans and media etc..   Nice guy to be able to stash behind an AJ Green for a year or two though.

IIRC, according to Astro, Higgins has not been on our list of visits. Obviously against LSU we were there, but that was not a great game for him. I honestly don't see him as a target for us

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Now for hard and fast positional rules...........follow the money.   

If you can't find it or afford it in UFA........QB/ElitePassRush/WR1/CB1/LT...........then it's worth a 1st or 2nd round pick.

Otherwise it's not.

First round picks should be treated like $20M UFA purchases.........because if they pan out that's what they should be worth on the open market and you should want to retain them for market value.

People always seem to forget about this on this board and every year I say Badol has it locked down on this. 1000000000000000000% correct

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

...Jeremiah did say during Bowl telecast that this could be the "deepest and fastest WR class in years".......do does McBeane go WR in the 1st?......or with that type of forecasted depth, does he trade down to grab an extra 2nd for his WR pick?......sorry to ask, but I don't get to see college ball, having to depend on our TBD collegiate experts....