Daniel Jeremiah 2020 mock draft 1.0

DJB

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

tee higgins doesn't come off as very fast to me.  he's got the size that's for sure but i'd like more of a speed guy

the concern to me is his durability.  He looks rather small?  

I think he has decent speed (I don't watch a lot of college football, but I think Clemson had him run a few times this year).  

The question is can he pass the ball, so we can run the "Buffalo Special" 

We need a big WR who has YAC TD ability... Higgins aint the dude. Shenalt is the pick...

but it's the Bills...

so we will draft defense and then grab a WR in the second round that will have us scratching our heads, slow clapping, and then convince ourselves that he is awesome

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, PIZ said:

So maybe we get Tee Higgins in the 2nd this year?!

FWIW, he’s a 2nd rounder to me. My buddy is the President of the Clemson Alumni Association here and is a diehard. He follows them like I do the Bills. I defer all Clemson analysis to him. He says that Tee isn’t a 1st rounder. 

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 7
  • Thank you (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

We need a big WR who has YAC TD ability... Higgins aint the dude. Shenalt is the pick...

but it's the Bills...

so we will draft defense and then grab a WR in the second round that will have us scratching our heads, slow clapping, and then convince ourselves that he is awesome

You know us well!

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was gonna say......I kinow ppl would get nervous after Sammy Watkins but we would not have to give up near as much and that guy is GOOD

I really like Schenault as well......maybe even over Tee Higgans

Sammy Watkins was of the best college receivers in recent memory.  That’s why you don’t trade up for non QBs in the first. There are zero guarantees.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Sammy Watkins was of the best college receivers in recent memory.  That’s why you don’t trade up for non QBs in the first. There are zero guarantees.  

I guess my question would be how much would it cost to trade up......

Perfectly happy with Schanault or Higgins.......but would not cry if we had him

58 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

It’s early to be having inside information at this stage..

He is throwing darts at a board..

He still likely has a good grasp of institutional scouting ideas and preferences, which is helpful in making random predictions this far out. He also doesn’t take Mocks too seriously, from what I gather. That being said, he’s one of the best voices on draft stuff out there.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

FWIW, he’s a 2nd rounder to me. My buddy is the President of the Clemson Alumni Association here and is a diehard. He follows them like I do the Bills. I defer all Clemson analysis to him. He says that Tee isn’t a 1st rounder. 

I also agree he will go in the 2nd which isn’t a knock on him as much as there is such a deep WR pool that I think only a select few with elite traits will go in the 1st - I predict jeudy, lamb and Rudd. He could end up being a #1 WR going in the 2nd just as many others have.

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Especially not in a class that’s very deep at that position. The worst part about the Sammy deal was, not only did we get someone who wasn’t worth the trade and the pick, but there’s like 10 stud recievers from that class that we could have had straight up.

• Like (+1) 2

34 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I was gonna say......I kinow ppl would get nervous after Sammy Watkins but we would not have to give up near as much and that guy is GOOD

I really like Schenault as well......maybe even over Tee Higgans

Yeah, I wouldn’t give up a #1 and a #4 to move up from #22 to #15. A #3, maybe.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Especially not in a class that’s very deep at that position. The worst part about the Sammy deal was, not only did we get someone who wasn’t worth the trade and the pick, but there’s like 10 stud recievers from that class that we could have had straight up.

Of course if there is a talent like Zay Jones, you have to trade up!

trade ups are rarely worth it.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Rico said:

Yeah, I wouldn’t give up a #1 and a #4 to move up from #22 to #15. A #3, maybe.

I’m not moving up for any WR in the 1st rd of this draft. Jmo. I also wouldn’t take one in the 1st rd regardless unless all the pass rushers with a 1st rd grade are gone. Moving up in a few spots in the 2nd to get a guy you love is different because  the price will be so much lower to move and they have 9 picks. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

30 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

tee higgins doesn't come off as very fast to me.  he's got the size that's for sure but i'd like more of a speed guy

In high school he ran a 4.75; he better have improved that otherwise he won't be a 1st Rounder, I'd think he'd have to run at least a 4.5

34 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

but it's the Bills...

I think Shenalt will be a top 10 pick and is the only WR that I would trade up for. This guy is in the mold of WR type that I want to build my team around. He can help your team out in red zone, run blocking, 1st downs and he is a yac nightmare. This guy will demand a double team opening up other players as well, just one guy can do all this.

If Shenalt runs anything in the 4.45 range he will skyrocket into the top 5. 

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

6 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I think Shenalt will be a top 10 pick and is the only WR that I would trade up for. This guy is in the mold of WR type that I want to build my team around. He can help your team out in red zone, run blocking, 1st downs and he is a yac nightmare. This guy will demand a double team opening up other players as well, just one guy can do all this.

If Shenalt runs anything in the 4.45 range he will skyrocket into the top 5. 

Shenault is gonna be sub 4.45. I am thinking he breaks into the 4.3