So How Happy is McCoy Now ?

T master

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

No chance.

Lynch was the dominant RB '11-'14.

I dont think there is no chance.   The guy is around 1000 yards behind Thurman and has him in touchdowns.   He is not a first ballot guy by any means, but I do think long term he will be considered or make it.

On the Lynch thing, you may have me.  Its debatable as Shady missed some games and still had more total yards, but Lynch has him in touchdowns.

6 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

McCoy has made lots of money.....and even this year he made $4mil.  Good to go to SB, but he would have played in Buffalo.  Still think his weeks on the injured list in KC likely would have been the case in Buffalo as well.   I think, however, he would have been a good example (maybe not mentor) for the young Motor.   Shady in his best years in Buffalo was better than anybody since OJ. (TT was good but not as likely to go the distance as Shady)

Everyone has their own opinion but my opinion is that this is goofy.

Edited by billrooter

43 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

I dont think there is no chance.   The guy is around 1000 yards behind Thurman and has him in touchdowns.   He is not a first ballot guy by any means, but I do think long term he will be considered or make it.

On the Lynch thing, you may have me.  Its debatable as Shady missed some games and still had more total yards, but Lynch has him in touchdowns.

Thomas was a key figure of 4 AFC Champions.  McCoy is going to his first SB as a 3rd stringer who may not even dress.

Maybe he'll get into the HOF after E James, Steven Jackson, Corey Dillon and Fred Taylor.

So....no chance. 

Edited by Mr. WEO

I guess it’s nice for him that he’ll be on a Super Bowl roster .... wondering if he’s planning another party where the ladies have to apply and submit medical records!  He was a better soldier in Buffalo than I thought he’d be, and our one bonafide star for several years ... he hit the wall however - no shame in that, we all do sooner or later. 

7 hours ago, KD in CA said:

Nor did he pout when he was traded here.

Always played hard and produced at a high level here for 3+ years.   Don't know why so many here don't like the guy.

That is not true.  He threw a fit until we gave him that sweet contract.  Once he got paid he was happy, but not before.  And to be clear, be wanted paid in Philly too so it was about the money, not the city.  He’d have been happy anywhere with that contract though. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, T master said:

At the beginning of the season it looked like we had a RB room with the most experience in the entire NFL & the Bills would let the rookie learn behind 2 of the best in the game at this point & then the hammer dropped & McCoy was sent to KC & i was kind of taken back & i think McCoy was too because he was a part of the reason that Gore was brought in & he looked forward to being his running mate .

Even though McCoy went to a team that he was familiar with the coach & more than likely the scheme in which he was fixing to be a part of # 25 had become endeared to the Bills mafia & has had some good years while in B/lo so i would imagine he super thrilled when he first had to pack up & go !

But what do you think he is feeling now ? I think he has some friends here & good memories but the SB makes the move all better & I bet he's on cloud 9 knowing he will get to go to the Super Bowl & has a really good chance to win it all .

I am going to be rooting for the Cheifs simply because of the time they have been out of the running for a SB & the simple fact that the 49ers have had more than enough of the big game in the past !

Plus i would like to see McCoy win the big one & Andy is deserving of a SB for all he has done for the game ! I bet Ragland & Watkins are pretty happy too !! 

With much less weapons here in Buffalo, he likely would have been used more and put up better numbers.  But would they have wanted to keep all three active every week and who would have been the #1 guy?

10 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

McCoy has made lots of money.....and even this year he made $4mil.  Good to go to SB, but he would have played in Buffalo.  Still think his weeks on the injured list in KC likely would have been the case in Buffalo as well.   I think, however, he would have been a good example (maybe not mentor) for the young Motor.   Shady in his best years in Buffalo was better than anybody since OJ. (TT was good but not as likely to go the distance as Shady)

bull####.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Scott7975 said:

I enjoyed McCoy while he was here.  I am glad that he made it to the Super Bowl.  Unfortunately, he might not even dress.

I would bet Andy Reid dresses McCoy for the Super Bowl, out of respect for their long relationship.  If they are winning, no doubt he gets a carry or two.

Just now, Buftex said:

I would bet Andy Reid dresses McCoy for the Super Bowl, out of respect for their long relationship.  If they are winning, no doubt he gets a carry or two.

Possibly but also its the super bowl.  A HC has to do whats best for the team, not the individual.

11 hours ago, T master said:

At the beginning of the season it looked like we had a RB room with the most experience in the entire NFL & the Bills would let the rookie learn behind 2 of the best in the game at this point & then the hammer dropped & McCoy was sent to KC & i was kind of taken back & i think McCoy was too because he was a part of the reason that Gore was brought in & he looked forward to being his running mate .

Even though McCoy went to a team that he was familiar with the coach & more than likely the scheme in which he was fixing to be a part of # 25 had become endeared to the Bills mafia & has had some good years while in B/lo so i would imagine he super thrilled when he first had to pack up & go !

But what do you think he is feeling now ? I think he has some friends here & good memories but the SB makes the move all better & I bet he's on cloud 9 knowing he will get to go to the Super Bowl & has a really good chance to win it all .

I am going to be rooting for the Cheifs simply because of the time they have been out of the running for a SB & the simple fact that the 49ers have had more than enough of the big game in the past !

Plus i would like to see McCoy win the big one & Andy is deserving of a SB for all he has done for the game ! I bet Ragland & Watkins are pretty happy too !! 

GF issues off the field aside, he has always been a class act when it came to Buffalo. I wish him the best.

That being said, I want SF to win only because pats fans will twist in the wind over the pats trading away Jimmy G ;)

• Like (+1) 1

and then there’s Mitch Morse. Who oversaw the transition period for Mahomes and help put the Chiefs on the cusp. Only to end up here and watch them complete the job..

11 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

GTFOH!

• Like (+1) 1

49ers all the way. I could care less if Mccoy, Watkins, or Ragland ever win a thing. I don't want Mahomes winning either, too soon. NE fans watching Garoppolo win the SB is what I want. 9ers also have two Oregon Ducks starting on the defensive line.

Watkins won me money on Draftkings last Sunday so I am grateful for that.

18 hours ago, T master said:

yep, just like Hogan and all the rest who got out during the bad bills days and got to franchises who could and did win the SB.   hopefully Mc Beanes are creating that with the bills franchise so it starts working the other direction