So How Happy is McCoy Now ?

T master

2 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

McCoy has made lots of money.....and even this year he made $4mil.  Good to go to SB, but he would have played in Buffalo.  Still think his weeks on the injured list in KC likely would have been the case in Buffalo as well.   I think, however, he would have been a good example (maybe not mentor) for the young Motor.   Shady in his best years in Buffalo was better than anybody since OJ. (TT was good but not as likely to go the distance as Shady)

Absolutely incorrect. TT was a better pass receiver, far better blocker in pass production, and had bigger seasons rushing than has McCoy. No one ran a draw better than TT. I'll give McCoy the edge in speed but old TT was clearly a superior player than McCoy. With that said McCoy was pretty special but not TT's equal let alone superior to him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, DasNootz said:

No ill will toward Shady or KC.  I hope he gets to dress. - on the other hand, Watkins I openly hope fails.

Watkins led the Chiefs in postseason receiving yards by 45 last year with 176.  He leads by 26 this year with 190 and counting.  Hope in one hand, ***** in the other...

1 hour ago, davidkski said:

Shady had an impressive couple of years in Buffalo before he hit the wall - his touchdown in the Blizzard Bowl vs. Indy was epic.

But let's be serious. 

During his (long, productive) prime, Thurman Thomas wasn't just the best running back in football.

There were two years where he was the best player in football. He led the NFL in total yards from scrimmage 4 years in a row. 

If Marv Levy hadn't choked/been outsmarted in Super Bowl XXV - and ordered Jim Kelly to exploit Bill Belichick's devious 2-down-lineman defensive game plan by giving the ball to Thurman, who was averaging  more than 8 years a carry that game - the Bills would have won the game. The team would've been recognized as one of the great offensive juggernauts in football history.

And no one would be tempted to make the misguided argument that Shady was a better/more valuable Bill than Thurman.

you’re correct, but I would just add if we kept running the ball down their throat and not been stubborn between Levy, Marchibroda, and Kelly who called plays, we could have made them bring more at the front which is what I think you were saying, and then that K Gun offense would have worked when Thurmon didn’t have 145 yards, but when you hit the 250 mark, they would have to adjust, and kept them off the field.  Then Andre and Lofton would have torched them.  That was the only one I knew we could win.  Crappy coaching and letting those guys get drunk throughout the week. As I know people who were with them, would have been the difference.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, davidkski said:

If Marv Levy hadn't choked/been outsmarted in Super Bowl XXV - and ordered Jim Kelly to exploit Bill Belichick's devious 2-down-lineman defensive game plan by giving the ball to Thurman, who was averaging  more than 8 years a carry that game - the Bills would have won the game. The team would've been recognized as one of the great offensive juggernauts in football history.

Kelly called his own plays so that was on him, not Marv.   If Marv is to be faulted, it's for not taking the play calling away from Jim once it became obvious what Belichick was doing, and run Thurman more, which would have won the game.   

Oh, and making a few (actually, quite a few) more tackles by the defense would have helped a bit as well.

BTW, back OT, I hope Shady gets to dress on Sunday.   But I'm picking the 49ers, so it might not be a happy ride off into the sunset...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

Shady came in with his "ladies only" party and later turn himself into a professional while here so I'm happy he's got a shot at a ring. 

That being said, I prefer Jimmy G. get the win because then either belichick or kraft were wrong about their future (granted they have won since he left but the future looks in question). 

Cuz ***** the pats. 

Edited by The Wiz
  • Haha (+1) 1

Whether Shady may or may not be active (I hope he will be...) I'll be rooting for him and the Chiefs in the Superbowl... They are after all "The AFC representative AND NOT the New England Patriots". And as far as Watkins is concerned, I never questioned his "attitude". I had a problem with paying him $16 million a season when he couldn't seem to stay healthy. I think that John Brown had a better season in terms of "productivity" and is significantly less expensive both this past year and the upcoming next two seasons as well! When you factor in the cost of the two contracts (Brown at 9 million/yr avg for both 2020 & 2021 vs Watkins at $16 million/yr which btw expires after 2020) it seems likes a "no brainer" that Brown is the better investment. Also I like Andy Reid. He is an excellent HC (also NOT NAMED Belichick).   

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatkSa00.htm

https://overthecap.com/player/sammy-watkins/2943/

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/B/BrowJo02.htm

https://overthecap.com/player/john-brown/3030/

and besides Garopolo still has some of that "New England Stench" on him.... Go CHIEFS!

Edited by DefenseWins

54 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Kelly called his own plays so that was on him, not Marv.   If Marv is to be faulted, it's for not taking the play calling away from Jim once it became obvious what Belichick was doing, and run Thurman more, which would have won the game.   

Oh, and making a few (actually, quite a few) more tackles by the defense would have helped a bit as well.

BTW, back OT, I hope Shady gets to dress on Sunday.   But I'm picking the 49ers, so it might not be a happy ride off into the sunset...

".....Kelly called his own plays so that was on him, not Marv.   If Marv is to be faulted, it's for not taking the play calling away from Jim once it became obvious what Belichick was doing, and run Thurman more, which would have won the game.   "

This. Times infinity.

I remember Marv saying in an interview after SBXXV  that the offense should have run the ball more. As if he weren't the coach and didn't have the power to overrule Kelly.

I don't root against any former Bill to not succeed once they leave unless and until the Bills  play them or they trash mouth the team and area once they leave.....if they end up on an AFC East opponent especially the Pats THEN Im not only irked but they are then on my permanent **** list...a few that come to mind are Kiko Alonzo . 7-11 and Stephone Gilmore to name a few. Shady had his off the field issues and even landed in McDermotts doghouse at least once that I can recall but to his credit he did at least publically embrace Buffalo and left kept it classy when he left. I can get behind rooting for the Chiefs except then we're likely never going to let die the "we coulda shoulda" had Mahomes" rhetoric its bad enough now imagine if he actually earns a ring in KC **shudders***

I guess that Delicia debacle never resulted in any charges that situation seemed to just fade away unless I missed something....?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Margarita said:

I guess that Delicia debacle never resulted in any charges that situation seemed to just fade away unless I missed something....?

she is a piece of work. I wouldn’t be surprised if she orchestrated that whole scenario herself. 

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Glad someone brought this up.......

I am a fan of McCoy...I thought he did it the right way when we released him to go to the Chiefs....

I feel like his running style and Singletary's just too close together and time to pass that torch.  

...certainly agree...he took the "High Road Out"......but the post about Shady>Thurmal in their respective Bills tenure?...seriously?.....SMH.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

she is a piece of work. I wouldn’t be surprised if she orchestrated that whole scenario herself. 

it was VERY sketchy and could have been a money grab ploy but I hate to go there if she was indeed a victim ….those allegations did  sully  his name that entire season... I don't know how something like that could be completely kept quiet and no charges ever brought its very suspicious...if it wasn't a staged event whomever did it got off scott free both scenarios are terrible.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

Happy he was on the Bills for a bit.   Long term I think he makes it into the Hall of Fame, arguably the best back in the NFL from 2011-2014.

Not sure how happy he will be to win a superbowl not being active, but I wish him all the best.

No chance.

Lynch was the dominant RB '11-'14.