So How Happy is McCoy Now ?

T master

1 hour ago, T master said:

At the beginning of the season it looked like we had a RB room with the most experience in the entire NFL & the Bills would let the rookie learn behind 2 of the best in the game at this point & then the hammer dropped & McCoy was sent to KC & i was kind of taken back & i think McCoy was too because he was a part of the reason that Gore was brought in & he looked forward to being his running mate .

Even though McCoy went to a team that he was familiar with the coach & more than likely the scheme in which he was fixing to be a part of # 25 had become endeared to the Bills mafia & has had some good years while in B/lo so i would imagine he super thrilled when he first had to pack up & go !

But what do you think he is feeling now ? I think he has some friends here & good memories but the SB makes the move all better & I bet he's on cloud 9 knowing he will get to go to the Super Bowl & has a really good chance to win it all .

I am going to be rooting for the Cheifs simply because of the time they have been out of the running for a SB & the simple fact that the 49ers have had more than enough of the big game in the past !

Plus i would like to see McCoy win the big one & Andy is deserving of a SB for all he has done for the game ! I bet Ragland & Watkins are pretty happy too !! 

Honestly, he’s an ultra competitive and very proud athlete so he probably has a lot of mixed feelings.  Shady is super conscious of his legacy and he’s always wanted to go down as one of the greatest players to play the position.

I’m sure he happy to be in a Super Bowl and happy for his teammates but knowing that he might not dress, and if he does dress it will as RB3, has to be a bit of a bummer.  How can you think he’s nothing thinking this?  

I think he wanted to be THE man in the Super Bowl or at least a contributor, not just a player who can’t make it on the field.  

But at the end of the day if he can add “Super Bowl Champion” to his resume in the HOF that’s all that matters.  

Also while I’m sure he’s bummed (at least to a small extent) it doesn’t seem like he’s been a distraction this year.  So given how he has handled this and the way he left Buffalo, I think Shady has shown a lot of growth as a person.  

35 minutes ago, bigK14094 said:

McCoy has made lots of money.....and even this year he made $4mil.  Good to go to SB, but he would have played in Buffalo.  Still think his weeks on the injured list in KC likely would have been the case in Buffalo as well.   I think, however, he would have been a good example (maybe not mentor) for the young Motor.   Shady in his best years in Buffalo was better than anybody since OJ. (TT was good but not as likely to go the distance as Shady)

Um, No.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Nor did he pout when he was traded here.

Always played hard and produced at a high level here for 3+ years.   Don't know why so many here don't like the guy.

Right after the trade went down, it was reported he didn’t he want to go to Buffalo and threatened to not report.  But good old Doug Whaley gave him a phat contract to make him happy.

To his credit, he did really embrace Buffalo

• Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

Always played hard and produced at a high level here for 3+ years.   Don't know why so many here don't like the guy.

Never felt any ill will toward the guy, even though I wanted him shipped out. He was definitely lacking the speed necessary to continue.

• Like (+1) 2

I was really surprised the Bills cut him. But... he is back #3 over there? Quite surprising, no? I though he'd be at least #2. At 4M per year that's a lot for a third RB... which means the Chiefs will have that cap space next year.

I root for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, #76, that's why I will pull for the Chiefs. But the 49ers are more balanced.

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

He didn't pout here because they gave him a fat new contract that made him I believe the second highest paid RB in the league.  With that being said I hope he gets that ring I have always liked him.  I wouldn't be surprised if he a healthy scratch for the big game.  

4 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

I was really surprised the Bills cut him. But... he is back #3 over there? Quite surprising, no? I though he'd be at least #2. At 4M per year that's a lot for a third RB... which means the Chiefs will have that cap space next year.

I root for Laurent Duvernay-Tardif, #76, that's why I will pull for the Chiefs. But the 49ers are more balanced.

If the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, McCoy at $4 million and Watkins at $16 million will be considered good investments by the Chiefs and their fans.

PS: I 'm rooting for Duvernay-Tardif, too.  A special dude -- earned his medical degree while playing pro football!

Edited by SoTier

1 hour ago, teef said:

and he was scared to have children out of wedlock.

do you guys how many pounds not ounces of marijuana he had in his vehicle in CO?  I really liked him while here, but talk about stupidity.

For the guy who said Mueller, he’s Caucasian, and about 35 lbs. heavier of muscle.  He was a beast back in the day.

• Sad 1

He was a lunkhead with that party thing in Philly, but overall after his negative comments before he came here, he was nothing but positive for the years here, so I’m happy for him.  He is certainly not McGahee, or Lynch who left so wrong.  I don’t know why even if not happy, they just don’t keep their mouths shut and move onto their next team.

Shady had an impressive couple of years in Buffalo before he hit the wall - his touchdown in the Blizzard Bowl vs. Indy was epic.

But let's be serious. 

During his (long, productive) prime, Thurman Thomas wasn't just the best running back in football.

There were two years where he was the best player in football. He led the NFL in total yards from scrimmage 4 years in a row. 

If Marv Levy hadn't choked/been outsmarted in Super Bowl XXV - and ordered Jim Kelly to exploit Bill Belichick's devious 2-down-lineman defensive game plan by giving the ball to Thurman, who was averaging  more than 8 years a carry that game - the Bills would have won. The team would've been recognized as one of the great offensive juggernauts in football history.

And no one would be tempted to make the misguided argument that Shady was a better/more valuable Bill than Thurman.

Edited by davidkski
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1