Which team is Joe Montana is rooting for?

Just Jack

1 hour ago, NoSaint said:

I don’t hate Sherman the guy, but I would enjoy seeing Sherman the character get torched. By pretty much anyone but tyreek.

Sherman looked slow last game and if I were KC I would definitely target him. I’m not a fan of Hill  either but with how slow Sherman looked he’s going to be playing 15 yards off Hill.

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

Nope, you are wrong. Here are the facts:

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

"Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization.  Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time.  An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined.  When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor."

Edited by chongli

On 1/21/2020 at 4:34 AM, SMAKCruiser said:

That wasn't Montana's last game.  He returned for the 1994 season.

I was gonna make a crack that history had wiped that season clean to preserve his legacy, so I checked PFR to make sure he was bad. He was not. Wasn't particularly prolific with only 16 TD's in 14 games, but still lad the lowest INT percentage in the league and lead the Chiefs to a 9-5 record. That guy was pretty good.

As to which team he's rooting for, there's this kid named Jimmy and he's cracking some corn or so I've been told.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:53 AM, The Jokeman said:

What about Steve Bono or Elvis Grbac? 

Bono was on SF sports radio this morning when I was driving into work.  Seems like a pretty sharp guy. 

For the record, he's rooting for the Niners.  Of course, I didn't hear what he said on KC sports radio.

18 hours ago, chongli said:

Nope, you are wrong. Here are the facts:

https://www.profootballhof.com/heroes-of-the-game/selection-process-faq/

"Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization.  Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time.  An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined.  When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor."

this does not preclude a voluntary declaration by a player

On 1/20/2020 at 9:55 PM, Just Jack said:

Either one, since he's played for both.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-joe-montana-weighs-in-on-who-hell-be-rooting-for-after-starring-for-both-49ers-chiefs/?fbclid=IwAR3VoDoOV8EoOsnNdxeayNzB0F0B7r_PdtzN1V4oWjgCXDJu83RZML_tLdI

I did find this interesting, that they don't mention who knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs. 

Man Thurman was so good. Underrated as heck. Can't wait to experience January football in Orchard Park in person.