Which team is Joe Montana is rooting for?

Just Jack

2 hours ago, nkreed said:

This is to the topic at hand, but Buffalo is unbeatable at home in the playoffs?  

I know the timelines are different, but if the Bills had a home game this year, there's no doubt the crowd would have deafened the opposing team. There's just nothing like Buffalo fan craziness. It's like Seattle, but significantly better!

We're undefeated at home in the playoffs in the last 24 years!

But seriously, I don't buy into the idea that having that big outdoor stadium in the dead of Buffalo winter is an advantage to the Bills. Like yeah, Kelly was special. But that window is closed, and every Bills QB since has struggled in those conditions. I don't really see freezing, swirling winds as a positive to QB growth and development. 

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

No they are not.  They lost to the Jags in Kelly's last game. Unfortunately I was at that one too...

Good to know. I was a young'en around that time.

4 hours ago, Greg S said:

It used to be real crazy when the stadium held 80,020. Back then Buffalo was the loudest stadium but since seating capacity was reduced to around 73,000 it's not on the same level as Seattle or KC anymore but its still pretty loud.

I agree it can get loud still!

2 hours ago, Motorin' said:

We're undefeated at home in the playoffs in the last 24 years!

But seriously, I don't buy into the idea that having that big outdoor stadium in the dead of Buffalo winter is an advantage to the Bills. Like yeah, Kelly was special. But that window is closed, and every Bills QB since has struggled in those conditions. I don't really see freezing, swirling winds as a positive to QB growth and development. 

I was pointing at the fans and how loud they get.  When Bills fans are excited they are disruptive.  

Next year we'll know what it's like to have a home playoff game again!

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, stuvian said:

Marcus Allen went into the HOF as a Chief. Old wounds dont heal

You go into the hall of fame representing every team you played for. But maybe he chose to ignore that.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Greg S said:

It used to be real crazy when the stadium held 80,020. Back then Buffalo was the loudest stadium but since seating capacity was reduced to around 73,000 it's not on the same level as Seattle or KC anymore but its still pretty loud.

Seattle is fake loud...it was acoustically designed to amplify noise so that doesn't even count. It's Patriot level cheating.

All I know is when New Era is rocking they drown out the announcers on TV. That's damn loud.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, nkreed said:

I agree it can get loud still!

I was pointing at the fans and how loud they get.  When Bills fans are excited they are disruptive.  

Next year we'll know what it's like to have a home playoff game again!

I remember games when the refs would stop play, and threaten the Bills with penalties if the crowd didn't quiet down. 80,000 maniacs pounding those metal seats and screaming their heads off!

But I also think there's something to the idea that there's more pressure on the home team in high stress games, particularly with a fan base like ours that lives and ides on every play. We really know how to panic while watching a football game. :)

• Haha (+1) 2

On 1/20/2020 at 9:55 PM, Just Jack said:

Either one, since he's played for both.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-joe-montana-weighs-in-on-who-hell-be-rooting-for-after-starring-for-both-49ers-chiefs/?fbclid=IwAR3VoDoOV8EoOsnNdxeayNzB0F0B7r_PdtzN1V4oWjgCXDJu83RZML_tLdI

I did find this interesting, that they don't mention who knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs. 

Well since he was a 49er... His little stunt with the chiefs was nothing. that is like aksing who does Favre root for Green bay or the Jets...

14 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Seattle is fake loud...it was acoustically designed to amplify noise so that doesn't even count. It's Patriot level cheating.

All I know is when New Era is rocking they drown out the announcers on TV. That's damn loud.

I agree its still loud but if you were around when the place held 80,020 then you know it was much louder back then.

I don’t know which team to root for in this one. I think Jimmy G is going to have a big game and make Patriots fans hurl. I think I will root for the 49ers.

If the refs stay true to form in the playoffs and let the CB’s get away with more grabbing than the 49ers have the advantage.  I wonder if their is a prop bet for Hill burning Sherman for a TD because I would bet 200$ on it.

5 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t know which team to root for in this one. I think Jimmy G is going to have a big game and make Patriots fans hurl. I think I will root for the 49ers.

If the refs stay true to form in the playoffs and let the CB’s get away with more grabbing than the 49ers have the advantage.  I wonder if their is a prop bet for Hill burning Sherman for a TD because I would bet 200$ on it.

I hope KC wins just for Reid but other than that I really don't care. I just hope its a good game and my numbers come in on my office pool.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

I don’t hate Sherman the guy, but I would enjoy seeing Sherman the character get torched. By pretty much anyone but tyreek.

3 hours ago, Greg S said:

I agree its still loud but if you were around when the place held 80,020 then you know it was much louder back then.

I was...used to go to the games as a teenager growing up...I know it was ridiculously loud when we had 80K in that place...

Edited by matter2003