Which team is Joe Montana is rooting for?

Just Jack

Either one, since he's played for both.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-joe-montana-weighs-in-on-who-hell-be-rooting-for-after-starring-for-both-49ers-chiefs/?fbclid=IwAR3VoDoOV8EoOsnNdxeayNzB0F0B7r_PdtzN1V4oWjgCXDJu83RZML_tLdI

I did find this interesting, that they don't mention who knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs. 

In 1993, the offseason acquisitions of Montana along with Hall of Fame running back Marcus Allen helped the Chiefs win their first playoff game since defeating the Vikings 24 years earlier in Super Bowl IV. After defeating the visiting Steelers in overtime in the wild card round, Montana and Allen led Kansas City to a come-from-behind victory over the favored Oilers to earn a trip to the AFC Championship Game.

Edited by Just Jack

3 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

I was at that AFC championship at Rich.

Watched Bruce Smith knock Montana out of his last NFL game.

Thurman's 186 or so yards... we chanted Thurman, Thurman, Thurman when he scored his 3rd touchdown.

Ah, memories that don't fade for life!

That wasn't Montana's last game.  He returned for the 1994 season.

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

Thurman's 186 or so yards... we chanted Thurman, Thurman, Thurman when he scored his 3rd touchdown.

I was there too - fantastic game and the last game that my dad and I went to see together....I remember sitting in the airport seeing some pretty glum looking KC fans walk by...and felt bad for them for some reason.  

6 hours ago, Ray Stonada said:

It is silly that as far as anecdotal bits of NFL history the fact that Jim Kelly beat John Elway, Dan Marino and Joe Montana in three straight AFC Championship games is rarely (if ever besides me) brought up.

...please don't go into the QBs not going against each other, but rather going against the defenses...I know, we get it.  However, as QB starts go it is Kelly with the "W" and the other three with the "L".

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Just Jack said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/super-bowl-2020-joe-montana-weighs-in-on-who-hell-be-rooting-for-after-starring-for-both-49ers-chiefs/?fbclid=IwAR3VoDoOV8EoOsnNdxeayNzB0F0B7r_PdtzN1V4oWjgCXDJu83RZML_tLdI

I did find this interesting, that they don't mention who knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs. 

What about Steve Bono or Elvis Grbac? 

12 hours ago, Just Jack said:

I was at the game and the Bills crushed them...and knocked Montana out of the game. Montana was so bad up to that point people were wishing he stayed in...he was 9 of 23 for 125 yards and an INT before he got knocked out for a passer rating of 39.2 ...Dave Krieg came in and actually played relatively better but still ended up with a rating of 62.1

In fact the game was so in hand that all I could think about at the time was getting the game over with so I could get back in the car and get warm because we were sitting in the upper deck, it was freezing out and I forgot to bring hand/foot warmers.  I remember my feet being so cold they were almost numb most of the game.  

The game "seemed" close when the Chiefs scored a TD to make it 20-13 in the 3rd quarter but anyone watching knew they had almost no chance of actually winning the game, it was pretty much all Bills and they just used the ground game to steamroll them.  Thomas had almost 190 yards rushing that game and the Bills rolled up almost 230 yards in total on the ground.

Edited by matter2003
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This is to the topic at hand, but Buffalo is unbeatable at home in the playoffs?  

I know the timelines are different, but if the Bills had a home game this year, there's no doubt the crowd would have deafened the opposing team. There's just nothing like Buffalo fan craziness. It's like Seattle, but significantly better!

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, nkreed said:

This is to the topic at hand, but Buffalo is unbeatable at home in the playoffs?  

I know the timelines are different, but if the Bills had a home game this year, there's no doubt the crowd would have deafened the opposing team. There's just nothing like Buffalo fan craziness. It's like Seattle, but significantly better!

No they are not.  They lost to the Jags in Kelly's last game. Unfortunately I was at that one too...

44 minutes ago, nkreed said:

It used to be real crazy when the stadium held 80,020. Back then Buffalo was the loudest stadium but since seating capacity was reduced to around 73,000 it's not on the same level as Seattle or KC anymore but its still pretty loud.