2019 Bills ranked 12th in Special Teams by Gosselin

12 hours ago, JGMcD2 said:

Punting wasn’t very good. There were flashes but Bojo can be improved upon.

NO!!!  If the Bills cut Bojo, Belichick reclaims him, and probably grooms him as Brady’s replacement, in addition to being the New England punter.  It’s all part of Belichick’s plan to be GOAT coach / GM / Sith lord.  ?

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, machine gun kelly said:

I respectfully disagree with a couple of points.  Roberts was one of the top return persons in the league.  There was just a graph on this the other day.  Our punter ended up doing very well this year.  I agree with you on kicking.  He really lost a step this year.

Our punter did very well this year, the guy is so darn inconsistent. Did you notice the difference between a real good punter in the playoff game and our punter, every time the guy had a chance to pin the Bills inside the twenty he did and ten a lot of times, Bojo sucks at this.

I guess facts are facts, but it certainly feels implausible that we were first in the fewest ST penalties.  I would have loved to see a poll on that from the group in advance of seeing that article.  I don't think anyone would have imagined they're in the top 10, much less first?!?

• 2 weeks later...

Haus got better down the stretch. He will be fine for next year. Sign UDFA for camp competition. I'd draft college best punter in round 5(preferably with an extra pick after trading down on day 2). 

Like others said, just avoid penalties and kick it out of the endzone. Special teams are incredibly overrated. Just be competent and have a good to great FG kicker. 

On 1/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, JGMcD2 said:

Roberts was like #1 in return yards. He didn’t break anything huge but he was consistent. He always looked like he was about to break a big return off but got tripped up or whatever. The kickoff rules kind of hamper things these days. 

A number of time Roberts would take it out of endzone and barely get past line Bills would have gotten anyways so those yards should not count but not watch enough other teams to know if other returners are doing same thing.