Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

Important Off Season Dates for NFL

On 1/30/2020 at 11:19 PM, chongli said:

This article says Arizona is hosting the Mexico game, so Miami will be hosting a London game

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-sp-dolphins-london-20200228-zcplkvsnl5g5fp544m2phg73au-story.html

Broncos vs Falcons in London

https://www.si.com/nfl/falcons/news/atlanta-falcons-london-2020-denver-broncos-nfl-draft-schedule-cap-space

• Like (+1) 1

As a French guy, I can’t wait to see the Bills back in London it’s close for me ahah!

• Like (+1) 1

Roger keeping hope alive

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Roger keeping hope alive

Pats delayed their season ticket commitment to June 30th, maybe that was a wise decision to keep folks from backing out and to help those who aren’t working. Still sucks to hear, I felt like that made life without football a bit closer. 

Edited by CommonCents

5 hours ago, H2o said:

Roger keeping hope alive

Well what is the point in delaying the season right now?

It doesn’t start until September. That’s 5 months away.

Edited by ScottLaw

On 3/31/2020 at 8:06 PM, ScottLaw said:

Well what is the point in delaying the season right now?

It doesn’t start until September. That’s 5 months away.

You've shown us you can read a calendar.  Kudos.  It's a very real possibility at this point that the season is delayed, canceled, or played under different circumstances (i.e., no fans).  Listen to the medical experts and they talk of a potential "2nd wave" of infections in the Fall (presuming current social distancing measures flatten the 1st wave).  Everything is up in the air and being nonchalant about it doesn't do anything for anyone.

The statement from the NFL is what I would expect right now -- planning for normalcy but not banking on it.

41 minutes ago, eball said:

You've shown us you can read a calendar.  Kudos.  It's a very real possibility at this point that the season is delayed, canceled, or played under different circumstances (i.e., no fans).  Listen to the medical experts and they talk of a potential "2nd wave" of infections in the Fall (presuming current social distancing measures flatten the 1st wave).  Everything is up in the air and being nonchalant about it doesn't do anything for anyone.

The statement from the NFL is what I would expect right now -- planning for normalcy but not banking on it.

I'm well aware of whats going on.... if China and there incredibly strict(but extremely effective) measures can start easing off on their quarantine after 4-5 months or so, then chances are it's going to be a longer timeline for the US considering the nation isn't even on the same page with their restrictions.... Im merely suggesting there is no point in saying the season won't start on time right now.

NFL’s 2020 schedule for Browns and other NFL teams to be released by May 9; ‘full season’ expected

— Browns fans can circle May 9 on their calendars for the approximate release of the 2020 schedule, and the NFL stated Tuesday that it expects to play a full slate despite the coronavirus pandemic.

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2020/03/browns-2020-schedule-and-that-of-other-nfl-teams-to-be-released-by-may-9th-full-season-expected-and-more.html