Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

Important Off Season Dates for NFL

On 2/4/2020 at 2:39 AM, njbuff said:

Would Buffalo at Las Vegas be a good Sunday Night Opener?

I see it more likely being a Monday Night Football game than a Sunday Night Football game.

The NFL will open SNF with an NFC East divisional matchup, like they always do. Because who doesn't want to see Cowboys-Giants for the 6,000th straight time? 

• Like (+1) 1

When is the schedule with dates and times released

Does anyone know which Sunday they are starting the season.........

September 6th or the 13th?

The 2020 regular season will kick off on Thursday, Sept. 10, and end after Week 17 is played on Jan. 2, 2021. The 2020 NFL season will conclude on Feb.Dec 30, 2019

Kickoff Game, expected to feature the defending Super Bowl LIV champions Kansas City Chiefs. Would be nice if against the Bills to get that Thursday game out of the way .
Edited by ALF

51 minutes ago, ALF said:
The 2020 regular season will kick off on Thursday, Sept. 10, and end after Week 17 is played on Jan. 2, 2021. The 2020 NFL season will conclude on Feb.Dec 30, 2019

Kickoff Game, expected to feature the defending Super Bowl LIV champions Kansas City Chiefs. Would be nice if against the Bills to get that Thursday game out of the way .

It would be a home game for the Chiefs as you probably already know.

• Thanks! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

It would be a home game for the Chiefs as you probably already know.

You are right , my mistake , waiting for coffee to kick in.

On 2/19/2020 at 1:15 PM, Bandito said:

When is the schedule with dates and times released

On 2/20/2020 at 4:34 AM, ALF said:

Added projected schedule release date  to OP

Added deadline to sign tagged players to long-term contract to OP

Added start date to regular season to OP

Hello guys i’m new here so i’m gonna do a quick presentation !

I’m 27 and i root for the Bills all the way from Paris, France 🇫🇷 i hope to see a game one day ;) 

the snow bowl in 2017 made me fall in love with the fan base, and i recently decided to join the Bills Mafia after struggling to find a team to support, some peoples might think i’m crazy, but i feel like there is a unique vibe about this team. #GoBills 

I can’t wait for the next year, a solid WR for the FA need to be the priority imo !

(PS: when the FA start?)

Edited by Smitty75
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 5
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Smitty75 said:

I’m 27 and i root for the Bills all the way from Paris, France 🇫🇷 i hope to see a game one day ;) 

the snow bowl in 2017 made me fall in love with the fan base, and i recently decided to join the Bills Mafia after struggling to find a team to support, some peoples might think i’m crazy, but i feel like there is a unique vibe about this team. #GoBills 

I can’t wait for the next year, a solid WR for the FA need to be the priority imo !

Bienvenue.

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Bienvenue.

Ahah « Merci » ! 

On 2/23/2020 at 3:47 PM, Smitty75 said:

Salut from Buffalo!

Jump through a table while drinking a labatt blue and singing the shout song and you are officially one of us!

On 2/23/2020 at 3:47 PM, Smitty75 said:

bienvenue à bord, ami!

On 2/25/2020 at 2:56 AM, Buffalo716 said:

Salut from Buffalo!

Jump through a table while drinking a labatt blue and singing the shout song and you are officially one of us!

Thanks to everyone 👋🏼

Ahaha, i think i’m a bit « too introvert » for the jump on the table but for the shout song if i learn it and i have the drink i’m all for it ! 😁

Here's one you all missed:

Date the NFL will ignore that the Pats cheated and filmed the Bengals:

Every day.

• Haha (+1) 1

Posted (edited)
On 1/20/2020 at 5:59 PM, Hapless Bills Fan said:

April 23 through 25: 2020 NFL Draft

I have no solid sources to post since this is all starting to piece together via changes to work projects, but it seems the NFL is considering closing the draft.

No fan attendance, everything done over video.

We'll see how it plays out, but you heard it here first.

Edited by DrDawkinstein
  • Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I have no solid sources to post since this is all starting to piece together via changes to work projects, but it seems the NFL is considering closing the draft.

No fan attendance, everything done over video.

We'll see how it plays out, but you heard it here first.

Heard it here first? Weird thing to say? There has been plenty of talk about that and more importantly the Olympics. 

Unless things trend in a totally different direction I think the odds are against them both. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CommonCents said:

Heard it here first? Weird thing to say? There has been plenty of talk about that and more importantly the Olympics. 

Unless things trend in a totally different direction I think the odds are against them both. 

Yes there has been, and in the interest of keeping our league employees, players and general public safe, we have completed plans for holding a fully virtual draft in April.  At this point we are in wait and see mode and will make a final determination in the coming weeks.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 3/11/2020 at 8:59 PM, CommonCents said:

Heard it here first was mostly a joke, and just a way to end something that I couldnt provide any direct links or sources to.

And yeah, people have been guessing at a lot of things, but when we are told to halt work on projects that are for directly supporting the Draft and Fan Activities, that was real news.

Mind you, this was done and posted before the NHL and NBA and March Madness suspensions. So at the time, closing the draft to fans seemed like a big deal. A lot has happened in those 48 hours tho.

On 1/30/2020 at 10:19 PM, chongli said:

Didn't know this, Thanks!

• Thanks! (+1) 1

On 3/11/2020 at 9:19 PM, Roger Goodell said:

Yes there has been, and in the interest of keeping our league employees, players and general public safe, we have completed plans for holding a fully virtual draft in April.  At this point we are in wait and see mode and will make a final determination in the coming weeks. And in that virtual draft, the New England Patriots will be rewarded for Spygate II by having extra picks in the third and fourth rounds. I considered giving them extra second rounders, but Robert Kraft preferred massage parlor gift certificates instead.

That was incomplete from Roger Goodell. Now fixed.

I'm not going to update dates based on speculation.  But if anyone gets facts, post here and I'll update.

And might I add, thank god. I’m on my 147th episode of House Hunters and each couple is more cringe-worthy than the next. Considering a 64-team bracket if annoying house Hunters couples I need sports. 

• Thanks! (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

And might I add, thank god. I’m on my 147th episode of House Hunters and each couple is more cringe-worthy than the next. Considering a 64-team bracket if annoying house Hunters couples I need sports. 

so will we hear about signings tomorrow or Wednesday? 

1 minute ago, WMDman said:

so will we hear about signings tomorrow or Wednesday? 

I think I remember the likes of Brown, Beasley and Morse not breaking until actual free agency (Wednesday).