Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Hapless Bills Fan

Important Off Season Dates for NFL

Recommended Posts

Thought it might help to put these out there and pin since "when is the?" questions always emerge around this time of year

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/01/buffalo-bills-2020-offseason-important-dates-for-bills-mafia.html

 

Jan. 18: East-West Shrine Game

Jan. 25: Senior Bowl

Jan. 26: NFL Pro Bowl

Feb. 24 through March 2: NFL Scouting Combine

Feb. 25 - March 10: Period for teams to designate franchise or transition tags
March 16 through March 18: Legal Tampering Period for free agents (snork snork snicker)

March 18: The 2020 league year and official free agency begins

March 29 through April 1: Annual League Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla.

April 23 through 25: 2020 NFL Draft

May 1 to 4 - Teams can schedule three-day rookie minicamp

Sometime in May/June teams will schedule OTAs and minicamp
End of July: Teams will schedule start of training camp

  • Like (+1) 12
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know you HAD to include the NFL Pro Bowl, but...........

 

What a farce! 

 

 

I do look forward to Legal Tampering, it just feels so sneaky.  :)

 

As for the draft, I learn a lot here since some follow the players so closely. Thanks for that!  I’m THRILLED we are just now looking at the draft. It used to ruin my Halloweens. 

 

 

.

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wish this was like DVR and I could fast forward to March 10th. Draft talk is one of my least favorite topics. Everyone is going to be a bust or elite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, NobesBLO13 said:

When is the super bowl

 

Not an off-season date.

Well, I suppose the pro-bowl isn't either, strictly speaking, but....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Not an off-season date.

Well,  I suppose the pro-bowl isn't either, strictly speaking, but....

 

Since nobody is actually playing football, I think it’s part of the off-season. 

  • Haha (+1) 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When does the new NFL year begin? And by when must free agents be tendered?

Edited by chongli

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Augie said:

II do look forward to Legal Tampering, it just feels so sneaky.  :)

As for the draft, I learn a lot here since some follow the players so closely. Thanks for that!  I’m THRILLED we are just now looking at the draft. It used to ruin my Halloweens.

 

LOL on Halloween. 

 

The problem with legal tampering is that the illegal tampering done been going on for months by then

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, chongli said:

When does the new NFL year begin? And by when must free agents be tendered?

 

See above for new league year - March 18

Not sure for tendering RFA.  I think they must receive a qualifying offer by the time the league year opens, but uncertain.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Am intrigued by what will come out of the league meetings this year, vis a vis CBA foreshadowing, 18 game season chances, PI non call rule debacle repeal? There’s a lot that needs tinkering on this offseason...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

LOL on Halloween. 

 

The problem with legal tampering is that the illegal tampering done been going on for months by then

 

“If you’re not ahead of the illegal tampering, you’re not trying!”   - Bill Belichick 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

See above for new league year - March 18

Not sure for tendering RFA.  I think they must receive a qualifying offer by the time the league year opens, but uncertain.

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m excited about the Senior Bowl this year as Beane and company draft quite a bit from that pool. 
 

From the discussion on WGR yesterday, they made it known that they have receivers of every shape and size there so it should be a fun watch. 
 

He also discussed quite a few upper level talents at the position that should be available in rounds 2 & 3. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, TroutDog said:

I’m excited about the Senior Bowl this year as Beane and company draft quite a bit from that pool. 
 

From the discussion on WGR yesterday, they made it known that they have receivers of every shape and size there so it should be a fun watch. 
 

He also discussed quite a few upper level talents at the position that should be available in rounds 2 & 3. 

 

Can you give me a pointer for when this Beaner discussion occurred yesterday?  I'm outta area so got to dig out a podcast.  Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

Can you give me a pointer for when this Beaner discussion occurred yesterday?  I'm outta area so got to dig out a podcast.  Thanks.


I can’t find the exact stream as it’s so different this week until Wednesday. I believe it was during the early show that ends at 9. 
 

Here’s one link: https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/who-to-watch-at-the-reeses-senior-bowl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, TroutDog said:


I can’t find the exact stream as it’s so different this week until Wednesday. I believe it was during the early show that ends at 9. 
 

Here’s one link: https://wgr550.radio.com/articles/opinion/who-to-watch-at-the-reeses-senior-bowl

 

Ha.  I got distracted by the Josh Allen Sr Bowl highlights clip linked there from two years ago.  Some nice throws in there.   Touch, spiral, zip, everything.

LOL at Mayfield with the butt-pat after a nice scramble.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

When will we know the schedule?

 

Schedule release date hasn't been made public yet, but based on previous years it's predicted to be April 16.

Teams are said to know them beforehand and sometimes specific big games are announced a couple days ahead of full schedule release.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cant wait for the draft!!

 

My wife dreads it with every fiber of her soul

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Thought it might help to put these out there and pin since "when is the?" questions always emerge around this time of year

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/buffalo-bills/2020/01/buffalo-bills-2020-offseason-important-dates-for-bills-mafia.html

 

Jan. 18: East-West Shrine Game

Jan. 25: Senior Bowl

Jan. 26: NFL Pro Bowl - When the real tampering begins in earnest

Feb. 24 through March 2: NFL Scouting Combine

Feb. 25 - March 10: Period for teams to designate franchise or transition tags
March 16 through March 18: Legal Tampering Period for free agents (snork snork snicker)

March 18: The 2020 league year and official free agency begins

March 29 through April 1: Annual League Meeting in Palm Beach, Fla.

April 23 through 25: 2020 NFL Draft

May 1 to 4 - Teams can schedule three-day rookie minicamp

Sometime in May/June teams will schedule OTAs and minicamp
End of July: Teams will schedule start of training camp

 

Can we just fast forward to March 10th so I can work my UFA plan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I cant wait for the draft!!

My wife dreads it with every fiber of her soul

 

This sounds like a story....what did you say in 2018 when the Bills traded up and picked Allen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

This sounds like a story....what did you say in 2018 when the Bills traded up and picked Allen?

 

I will admit I wanted Rosen so when I heard Goodell say Josh I started cheering then when he said Allen I screamed no.

 

 

I am so happy to have been proved wrong though and we for sure got the right Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...