Super Bowl Tickets Selling for Record Amount

Scott7975

I've been tracking the get in cost of SB tickets this week on StubHub!.  Before the championship games the price with fees (which are around 24% higher than the list price) was around $6,000.  It dropped to $5,000 shortly after the games were played.  I looked today and on 2 browsers I got 2 different answers.  On Edge StubHub!'s get in tickets were going around $4,500 to $4,600.  On Chrome they were $5,000.  So one thing I learned is not only to time the market (Past history predicts tomorrow evening will have the lowest prices), but check on multiple browsers when looking to buy.  Since I'm not in the market for tickets this year, all my monitoring is for future reference when the Bills make it.    

Edited by Albany,n.y.

On 1/21/2020 at 6:18 AM, IslandBillsFan said:

The ticketing sites are such a bunch of crap with their fees.  What is BS is how they charge their fees based on a percentage of the ticket sale price.  Their service/work is the same whether it is a $20 or $20,000 ticket.  Look at this breakdown from a couple of lower level end zone seats for the superbowl.  $3,670.50 in fees!

ORDER TOTAL

$15,016.50USD

Ticket price
2 x $5,673.00
Service Fee
2 x $1,830.00
Delivery Fee
2 x $5.25

Considering cost of ticket they should be raising delivery fee so they can have it delivered with a Brinks truck. 

Coworker got tickets to NFC championship game and tickets never showed up by the time he needed to get to plane.

It got resolved but he needed to spend several hours in hotel on phone/internet getting it corrected,

No explanation was given on why it was not delivered and they still charged delivery fee.

38 minutes ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I've been tracking the get in cost of SB tickets this week on StubHub!.  Before the championship games the price with fees (which are around 24% higher than the list price) was around $6,000.  It dropped to $5,000 shortly after the games were played.  I looked today and on 2 browsers I got 2 different answers.  On Edge StubHub!'s get in tickets were going around $4,500 to $4,600.  On Chrome they were $5,000.  So one thing I learned is not only to time the market (Past history predicts tomorrow evening will have the lowest prices), but check on multiple browsers when looking to buy.  Since I'm not in the market for tickets this year, all my monitoring is for future reference when the Bills make it.    

I've heard about the different browser thing.  Why would they possibly do that?  

On 1/25/2020 at 12:17 PM, bbb said:

I've heard about the different browser thing.  Why would they possibly do that?  

I don't know, but today (Tuesday afternoon) there's a $700 difference.  Edge has the lowest priced tickets at around $5,500, Chrome at around $6,200 for the same tickets.  It looks like Saturday, 8 days before the game, was the best day to buy this year  Prices have gone up by $1,000 and more since Saturday.  

So if the Bills make it next year, I'm buying on Saturday afternoon.  

On 1/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, BillnutinHouston said:

Those prices are actually a lot lower than I expected.  

depends where you sit...club seats on the 50 @$26,125..........50 yard line at $10 grand......club level at $9 grand....OR...get a suite and take your friends for $327 grand.....

26 minutes ago, Boca BIlls said:

Not to mention you will spend like $1500 in Miami in 2 days.

There are ways around that, like staying 2 hours away (or less) & driving in the day of the game, then driving back to your pregame location.  That's similar to what I did the year I went to the Kentucky Derby.  I found a Rally Bus to the Derby out of Indianapolis, a little more than 100 miles from Louisville, flew into to Indy Friday night, took a cab to a motel a block away from the bus pickup point, got up Saturday morning, took the bus to the Derby, got back to Indy around 11 PM, took a cab to the airport Sunday morning & flew back to NYS Sunday.  I flew out of Newburgh rather than Albany since my friend who joined me at the Derby lives in Beacon and flights were cheaper out of Newburgh so he won the airport based on price.  After I got back to Beacon, I drove home.  

I also did something similar when the Super Bowl was 2.5 hours from my house when they played the game at MetLife stadium.  I got up in the morning, drove to NJ, parked at Stubhub's parking, took a Stubhub chartered bus 5 miles to the game, got a motel in northern NJ near the NYS line (Holiday Inn, not a cheapie) for $115 and drove home after I got up.  Unfortunately, I should have just driven home after the game since after I checked in I watched the news weather forecast & NY/NJ was getting a snowstorm and to beat the snow I got up in the middle of the night & left before 4 AM to beat the snowstorm.  

Also flying into an airport a couple of hours from the event site will save you hundreds in airfare & car rental $.  When I went to SBXXV, I flew into Orlando and rented a car in Orlando then stayed in Orlando motels my 1st & last nights and drove down to the motel in Treasure Island that was included in the Disney package . 

Edited by Albany,n.y.

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

I don't know, but today (Tuesday afternoon) there's a $700 difference.  Edge has the lowest priced tickets at around $5,500, Chrome at around $6,200 for the same tickets.  It looks like Saturday, 8 days before the game, was the best day to buy this year  Prices have gone up by $1,000 and more since Saturday.  

So if the Bills make it next year, I'm buying on Saturday afternoon.  

Interesting.  I thought they'd be lower now..............The browser thing makes no sense, though!  

1 hour ago, Albany,n.y. said:

There are ways around that, like staying 2 hours away (or less) & driving in the day of the game, then driving back to your pregame location.  That's similar to what I did the year I went to the Kentucky Derby.  I found a Rally Bus to the Derby out of Indianapolis, a little more than 100 miles from Louisville, flew into to Indy Friday night, took a cab to a motel a block away from the bus pickup point, got up Saturday morning, took the bus to the Derby, got back to Indy around 11 PM, took a cab to the airport Sunday morning & flew back to NYS Sunday.  I flew out of Newburgh rather than Albany since my friend who joined me at the Derby lives in Beacon and flights were cheaper out of Newburgh so he won the airport based on price.  After I got back to Beacon, I drove home.  

I do the same thing every time that I go to the Derby … countless times for anyone wondering. I always stay in Florence KY just over the Ohio Kentucky border for 100 a night instead of the 700 a night that they want in Louisville.

Much like what I do when I head up to Saratoga for the races in August  when I stay by the Albany Airport for 125 a night instead of the 600 plus that is common for a room in Saratoga.

With a little bit of a drive one attending big events can save a boatload of cash with a drive of 30 minutes to an hour.

5 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It makes sense if query is polling multiple servers and some servers are Micro$haft.  Some of them will not accept non-M$ requests.

This and cookies. If you searched a ton on one and are newly searching on another, you could run into different prices. 

51 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

It makes sense if query is polling multiple servers and some servers are Micro$haft.  Some of them will not accept non-M$ requests.

I don't really know what this means?

45 minutes ago, BringBackFlutie said:

This and cookies. If you searched a ton on one and are newly searching on another, you could run into different prices. 

And, I don't get this either - why would they put different prices?  Hoping you'll buy the first time - and then if you go back, you'll see a lower price?  

14 hours ago, bbb said:

I don't really know what this means?

And, I don't get this either - why would they put different prices?  Hoping you'll buy the first time - and then if you go back, you'll see a lower price?  

Airlines do this (or used to).  I don't remember the exact reasoning.  Something like, trying to get you to buy sooner at certain times.

• Like (+1) 1