Super Bowl Tickets Selling for Record Amount

Scott7975

1 hour ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just sold 12 yesterday for just under 6k each. That was BEFORE the games were determined. The Chiefs are the team that drove the pricing up bigtime

How long ago did you acquire your tickets?   Were you able to get them at face value?

4 hours ago, Augie said:

We won 2 tickets with full travel package for the Bills vs Redskins Super Bowl.  My wife wanted to flip it for a new dining room set. She usually gets her way in big decisions (which has actually worked out pretty well for me). We went to the game, of course. Some lines you just don’t cross!  

Do you regret that now, given that this was probably the Bills worst loss in the SB?

I keep track every year of Super Bowl ticket prices and in a typical year the best time to buy tickets at the lowest price is the Sunday before the game through Monday morning.  After that the prices rise slightly from their low point.  The one exception in recent years was Super Bowl XLVII in Arizona when the marker went crazy for the Seattle/NE game and the get in prices reached around $10,000.  The tickets just kept going up all week and a lot of people who bought through "ticket brokers" never got their tickets at the promised price.  That also happened in Atlanta for the Bills last Super Bowl (at much lower prices in 1994) where many Bills fans never got their tickets.  Still, if the Bills make the Super Bowl I'll be looking to buy my tickets the Sunday before the game.   When I checked prices earlier today, the lowest  prices were down around $500 to $700 from before the championship games.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

4 hours ago, klos63 said:

Who is selling these tickets? Who has tickets before the conference championship games are even finished?  How do they get the tickets?

The players get them as part of the CBA--and resell them to ticket brokers for a bit of pocket change.   When I went to SB 26, I bought Dolphin player tickets from a scalper...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2018/02/03/players-coaches-resell-super-bowl-tickets-despite-ban/304325002/

Edited by Lurker

My wife has stood by me for now almost 20 years as the spouse of a long suffering Bills fan. 

She insisted that if the Bills make it to the Super Bowl that I would HAVE to go.

I can only imagine the price of the tickets when we finally get there. Me thinks she will change her mind. 

5 hours ago, Process said:

I don't know what I'll do when the bills make the Superbowl again. Part of me will want to fork up the money and go. Another part of me will want to be in buffalo when they win.

The streets of Philadelphia looked so fun after the Eagles won, the only place I’ll want to be is Buffalo

Edited by uticaclub

The ticketing sites are such a bunch of crap with their fees.  What is BS is how they charge their fees based on a percentage of the ticket sale price.  Their service/work is the same whether it is a $20 or $20,000 ticket.  Look at this breakdown from a couple of lower level end zone seats for the superbowl.  $3,670.50 in fees!

ORDER TOTAL

$15,016.50USD

Ticket price
2 x $5,673.00
Service Fee
2 x $1,830.00
Delivery Fee
2 x $5.25

I think $500 would be the most I'd ever pay for any ticket to any event.

I don't judge anyone for spending thousands on one ticket.  There's just nothing on earth I'd want to see in person that much.  To each his/her own!