Super Bowl Tickets Selling for Record Amount

Scott7975

A lot more in the article but here is an excerpt...

According to SeatGeek.com, the current average resale price of a Super Bowl ticket in Miami on Feb. 2 is $6,002, with the lowest ticket running for $5,200. The best seats in the house at Hard Rock Stadium are going for the fan-friendly price of $16,000.

SeatGeek communications director Chris Leyden said this year's tickets are "“the most in demand Super Bowl...ever."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/super-bowl-tickets-for-chiefs-vs-49ers-are-selling-for-record-amount/ar-BBZ8QWY?ocid=spartandhp

Edited by Scott7975

We won 2 tickets with full travel package for the Bills vs Redskins Super Bowl.  My wife wanted to flip it for a new dining room set. She usually gets her way in big decisions (which has actually worked out pretty well for me). We went to the game, of course. Some lines you just don’t cross!  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

We won 2 tickets with full travel package for the Bills vs Redskins Super Bowl.  My wife wanted to flip it for a new dining room set. She usually gets her way in big decisions (which has actually worked out pretty well for me). We went to the game, of course. Some lines you just don’t cross!  

That was a bad game for us but I am still jealous of you.  I was a teenager when we played the Giants.  My parents were debating about going to the super bowl or buying their first big screen TV.  I wanted to go to the game.  I begged and begged.  They got the TV.  I so wish I could of had that experience even in a loss.

11 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Well the SB was made better with the subtraction of the Pats this year.

...to the NFL's credit, they've made it MORE affordable for the Average Joe Fan to acknowledge how their unwavering support made continuance possible...I shed a tear......Willie Sutton is jealous.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I so hope the 49ers win, and JG has a spectacular game, just so the Pats fans sink lower into their miserable future, but hey, that’s just me....

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I don't know what I'll do when the bills make the Superbowl again. Part of me will want to fork up the money and go. Another part of me will want to be in buffalo when they win.

Go to the game with flight to Buffalo booked first thing am after! Gonna be at least a week long bender anyways!

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Augie said:

And you probably ended up shelling out for the new dining room set a few months later anyway.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

That was a bad game for us but I am still jealous of you.  I was a teenager when we played the Giants.  My parents were debating about going to the super bowl or buying their first big screen TV.  I wanted to go to the game.  I begged and begged.  They got the TV.  I so wish I could of had that experience even in a loss.

The first big screen TV lasted a lot longer than my weekend. Having said that, the dining room set would have too, and I’m thrilled with the decision. Doing it once is amazing, but I wouldn't pay the Big Bucks to do it again (without some lottery style windfall coming our way).

The cost of the tickets is just one factor. Hotels jack up rates, then you have transportation and food & beverage, which is significant just by itself! My son toyed with the idea of renting his Buckhead place out for the last Super Bowl here. He could have stayed with us, or more likely taken an amazing trip for free. He didn’t pull the trigger this time, but the place and location would make it a great option when the SB gets back here down the road. 

7 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

And you probably ended up shelling out for the new dining room set a few months later anyway.

Even better! We moved to Florida not too long after that and wound up with my parents stuff.....for FREE!!   It was the nicest furniture in the house! 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Just sold 12 yesterday for just under 6k each. That was BEFORE the games were determined. The Chiefs are the team that drove the pricing up bigtime

Not surprised.  Titan fans are similar to Chief fans that you just don't know when your team will be back so the AFC was going to drive that market.  I would imagine that fans of teams who expect to be there every several years would be a bit more restrained in their bidding.

Geeez!  Back in our Super Bowl era I bought end zone tickets from a ticket agency (it was pre-internet). I paid $500 for end zone seats in Pasadena and then $550 for end zone seats in Atlanta. My little inflation calculator says the comparable price would be $900 today....NOT $6,000!  What a rip off.

• Like (+1) 1