Tampa Bay and Indy are the most intriguing teams for veteran free agent QBs QB

Both teams are loaded with talent and both only lack good QB play to be a consistent winner. Rivers has reportedly relocated his family to Florida.  One might assume Brady would want a warm weather place to finish his career, or play a majority of his games in a dome. Both have offensive minded head coaches. 

Free agency this year will be incredible if these guys decide to keep playing and take their talents elsewhere. 

Not sure how committed Bruce Arians is to Jameis Winston in Tampa as a starter next year.  Of any of the Florida teams, Tampa could be the best FA QB landing spot.

I would think Frank Reich is fairly happy with Jacoby Brisette and their GM recently remarked they want to continue to build through the draft.  

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Both teams are loaded with talent and both only lack good QB play to be a consistent winner. Rivers has reportedly relocated his family to Florida.  One might assume Brady would want a warm weather place to finish his career, or play a majority of his games in a dome. Both have offensive minded head coaches. 

Free agency this year will be incredible if these guys decide to keep playing and take their talents elsewhere. 

They are both in decline, so "taking their talents elsewhere" is kind of a funny statement. Neither would take the Chargers to the playoffs, one of them MIGHT be able to take the Bucs into the playoffs, because that division is crap.

I can't imagine Brady in those ugly Tampa uni's. He is too big of a name to end it all in Tampa. It's gotta be one of the more prominent franchises or not at all.

I wouldn't want either of them at this point.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

it will be interesting to see what happens with winston. will someone take a shot at him?

he'd be interesting to see in LAC.  Although, the turnovers just kill any team he is on.  The offense would be fun to watch.  

I can see Bruce Ariens being interested in T. Bridgewater.  He could have that Tampa offense flying like he did with the Saints.  

Edited by RyanC883

Although Tannehill and Tenn did well,  it is not a forgone conclusion that they will be back together again next year. (Tannehill is a free agent) Money talks, and who knows the calculus around QB's.  It does involve Millions of dollars, however.  And, the Vrabel/Brady connection could come into play here imho, they certainly know each other well as they were Pats for years together.

Edited by bigK14094

I think Rivers ends up in Tampa or Jacksonville (doubt he wants to end his career on the Dolphins). I think Arians is done with Winston, seems like he was during the season but didn't want to just come out and say it. I think it would be funnier to see Winston end up in NE and BB 'fixing' his INT issues......

I could also see Marriotta ending up in NE if Brady leaves. I don't see BB at this stage going with an inexperienced rookie. (I do think this is all posturing and Brady will be back on a 1-2 year deal to retire a Pat and play in front of a guy they draft early this year).

I think the Chargers are going to go to the draft and maybe pick up a placeholder to play for now til they feel the rookie is ready. Although I think they may try to pull off a blockbuster deal to move ahead in the draft and get a big name college QB to draw in the Fans or make a huge push for Brady to get fans into the new stadium.

I had not thought of Brady in Indi; a great fit, as they may have the best offensive line and Reich as the coach.

I can actually seeing a move like this happening, but still not likely.

6 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

I think Arians is done with Winston, seems like he was during the season but didn't want to just come out and say it. I think it would be funnier to see Winston end up in NE and BB 'fixing' his INT issues...

Winston has a great arm.  He may be worth the risk, a dynamic talent, but flawed.  BB and McDaniel's should give it a shot.

Rivers to TB is gold. Outside of Winston Rivers probably throws as many 50/50 balls as any QB in football. That is perfect for that group of WR's in TB that can just go up and get it. Unlike Winston, his 50/50 balls generally aren't intercepted and while he still does make the occasional bone head play it's usually around desperation time.  TB is way better than most casual fans think. Defense showed a lot this year. Huge strides. Offense has talent for days.    

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Bridgewater should only go to where he can start.

There should be about 15 HC and GM’s interested in Bridgewater. He’s better than about half the starting QBs in the league. Even if you have a Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen, you should be asking the cost of TB because he’s an immediate upgrade. 

9 minutes ago, Mango said:

There should be about 15 HC and GM’s interested in Bridgewater. He’s better than about half the starting QBs in the league. Even if you have a Baker Mayfield, Daniel Jones, Josh Allen, you should be asking the cost of TB because he’s an immediate upgrade. 

he played well but in his 6 games he kind of alternated quality- odd games 1 TD in 3 weeks, the even games 8 tds in 3 weeks.

generally efficient but defense and Mike Thomas did A LOT for him. 

heck the Dallas win was 12-10 for instance.

Edited by NoSaint

I don't get the infatuation that people have for Rivers and Brady.  They have been great in the past but I believe time has taken its toll.  Neither of these guys showed me much this year and being another year older isn't going to make either of them any better.  Neither of these two are going to play on a cheap contract or be okay being a backup.  There are better options for teams to bridge the gap until they obtain a young guy to develop for the long term.

• Like (+1) 1

I was on the NFL subreddit a few weeks back and someone legitimately called Winston's season with Arians as the new shot caller. Said something like, "Jameis about to rack up 5000 yards, 33 TDs, and 30 INTs" which is exactly what he did... I say this because it seems like there's a feeling that Rivers could do well there... he threw 20 INTs last season, haha, so I guess he'd fit right in. I watched a few Chargers games this past year and anytime they were trailing (which was a lot) it seemed like all they did was toss up a prayer and see if one of their guys would come down with it. There'd be time on the clock to construct a decent drive but instead it was like they were trying to get all the yards they needed in one play. 

On 1/20/2020 at 12:29 PM, aristocrat said:

it will be interesting to see what happens with winston. will someone take a shot at him?

I think Tampa franchises him, takes a shot to see if he can play in Bruce's system (a complex system that apparently takes a full season to get into.) Indy is an interesting team as with some punch in the skill positions they could be a dangerous team as their O-line is solid, Mack is a decent back, and their defense is solid. 

However they have a ton of cap space even if they cut Brisett and take the 12.5 million in dead money. So they could sign almost any QB on the market and have plenty of money to add a receiver or two.