[Name Only Title] lesean mccoy

dbfla10

10 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

Well played. O-line was garbage last year and we cut a guy that was a good teammate and good to the city.  

1 hour ago, KD in CA said:

Uh....didn't he average almost 1500 yards from scrimmage during his first 3 years w/ the Bills?   

As I remember it, he was the only one doing anything for Buffalo during those years.

And played injured in the Jax playoff game...but never did anything for this team

Cutting him and keeping Gore was a mistake.  No other way to spin it.  Add it to the list of personnel mistakes McD has made over the years.  No HC or GM is perfect but keeping Gore over McCoy made no sense, nor did it make sense to play Gore over Yeldon.

2 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

He put the ball on the rug 3 times in his few carries and one of them cost them a game this year.

He's also lousy in pass pro and doesn't bring any physicality to the position.

At this stage Williams is the far more playable/reliable RB.

I'd like to see him play in the SB though........be a shame for him to get there and not play.

i don’t think anyone’s denying that he’s running on empty now. But some people are hopping in this thread claiming that he was always overrated and never did anything. That’s just objectively false. 

And I hope Reid activates him too - Shady can’t be any worse than Darwin Thompson. He’s been horrendous (although he may be good down the road.)

2 hours ago, Nick the Greek said:

You been drinking too much Hater-ade bro. 

absolutely. Imagine rooting for Kyle Shanahan and Nick Bosa over McCoy, Mahomes and Andy Reid. No thanks. KC by 30.

10 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Never liked McCoy did not do anything for Buffalo and he sure is not doing anything for Kansas City Way overrated in my book

he played well when he was here and has had a great career.....your book is wrong

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

Smart by Andy to put McCoy on a carry count to maximize production from an aging running back. Still, that is a very low amount of carries. 

10 hours ago, JoPoy88 said:

i don’t think anyone’s denying that he’s running on empty now. But some people are hopping in this thread claiming that he was always overrated and never did anything. That’s just objectively false. 

And I hope Reid activates him too - Shady can’t be any worse than Darwin Thompson. He’s been horrendous (although he may be good down the road.)

Every time the Chiefs give the ball to a RB that play is basically a sacrifice to the gods of offensive balance.

So any time their RB fumbles the error is magnified.

I honestly think that's why he's been used so little this season and even less in the playoffs.  

What he provides is not worth losing a possession over.

If I was Reid I probably would keep him inactive for the SB but selfishly I really hope he plays and does well.

I just have a feeling he's going to lose the ball against that fast, violent defense and wind up looking like the tired Willie Mays in the 1973 WS. 

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

He actually did play in the divisional round but did not record any statistics. He was sick last week. I'd be shocked if he doesn't get at least a touch or two in the Super Bowl for sentimental reasons. I can just see him asking Reid to let him play in the big game.

Also, the backup RB who did play vs TN totally flubbed a hot route that saw Mahomes' pass hitting in the back of his jersey. Mahomes was clearly irked by that.