[Name Only Title] lesean mccoy

dbfla10

1 minute ago, dbfla10 said:

Does any one know why McCoy hasn't been active the last 2 weeks. KC RBs aren't that good, has McCoy fallen off that much?

Yes the team realized they were much better with Damien Williams and Darwin Thompson.  It’s like TJ Yeldon in Buffalo.  Instead of activating a 3rd string RB that won’t see the field much, you elect to active players for ST 

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A single name if far too vague to post as a title and provides little insight into what specifically the post is talking about.The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

11 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Does any one know why McCoy hasn't been active the last 2 weeks. KC RBs aren't that good, has McCoy fallen off that much?

Wrong premise behind the question.

McCoy was active in the Divisional round vs Houston but did not play.  Can't tell you why.  They were coming back from 21 pt down initially so were passing a lot.  Only had 21 rushes in the whole game. 

For the conf. championship, he was on the injury report as Illness, DNP for W and Thu and "LP" -questionable Friday, so until proven otherwise I think we assume he was actually ill.

10 minutes ago, dbfla10 said:

Maybe because him average 3.5 YPC last year wasn't an aberration here

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wrong gouge basing the question.

McCoy was active in the Divisional round vs Houston but did not play.  Can't tell you why.  They were coming back from 21 pt down initially so were passing a lot.  Only had 21 rushes in the whole game.

For the conf. championship, he was on the injury report as Illness, DNP for W and Thu and "LP" -questionable Friday, so until proven otherwise I think we assume he was actually ill.

Gouge?

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Maybe because him average 3.5 YPC last year wasn't an aberration here

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Gouge?

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

I for one, will be happy if Shady gets a ring and I hope that he is active for the Super Bowl.

But whether he was sick or not this past week, the truth is that the Chiefs don't really need him. The other backs have more straight line speed and power than he does at this point. 

• Like (+1) 5

I would guess they don’t run much, the other guys are better straight line runners, and maybe they’re better pass blockers. I don’t think mccoy was ever meant to be more than depth for them. It’s not like they need to run the ball with running backs. Jet sweep hill and hardmon all game and get Mahomes out there running around and who needs a running back

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

McCoy has 101 carries for 465 yds in KC this year, 4.6 ypc.  So yeah, his 3.2 ypc last year in B'lo were a career low aberration.

Edited it to be less obscure but here ya go:

Gouge(U.S. Navy, U.S. Coast Guard - particularly aviation)  Informal information channel; the grapevine; the straight dope; inside information. Gouge is passed on by the gouge train.

Wow and I just assumed a typo!  The things you learn here!

I was just about ready to reply that it's a rare breed of Western Canadian Goose, just for laughs.

But now I learn it's real.

• Like (+1) 1