Senior Bowl week

Lurker

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

They need to replace Alexander and I think Baun's the kind of kid that could play that dual pass rush/coverage role.     His height and debate about his position could drive his draft spot down.   OTOH, it might be tough to throw him right into the fire like they did with Edmunds and Milano. 

With almost three months to go, we'll learn a lot more about where these kids stack up...  

Like any rookie, he’s gonna have growing pains.

Lorax was listed at 6’1” 245. This kid is just as big as Lorax with easy potential to gain 5-10 lbs of muscle under a NFL team.

When it’s all said and done, because of his ability to put him in many schemes from all over the field and his ability to rush the passer, he may not make it to 22. This kid is an NFL player and fits the Bills perfectly. A position we need, rely upon and could also be BPA.

3 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Like any rookie, he’s gonna have growing pains.

Lorax was listed at 6’1” 245. This kid is just as big as Lorax with easy potential to gain 5-10 lbs of muscle under a NFL team.

When it’s all said and done, because of his ability to put him in many schemes from all over the field and his ability to rush the passer, he may not make it to 22. This kid is an NFL player and fits the Bills perfectly. A position we need, rely upon and could also be BPA.

I agree.   

And given McD's defensive bias, I can see them going there rather than at WR--which is what 90% of the fan base expects.

What do you think of Josh Uche?   He's another guy with the movement skills to play both roles in McD's scheme?

Edited by Lurker

12 minutes ago, Lurker said:

I agree.   

And given McD's defensive bias, I can see them going there rather than at WR--which is what 90% of the fan base expects.

What do you think of Josh Uche?   He's another guy with the movement skills to play both roles in McD's scheme?

Uche is a great Edge guy. He rarely drops in coverage if at all, that’s not his role. I see him being a 3-4 OLB that just always keeps the edge or rushes the passer. I watch Uche at the Senior Practices in person and felt he’s more of a speed rusher only but not the fastest. Nowhere near as slippery as Baun. Uche will be limited.

I’m really curious to see these 2 guys stacked next to each after the combine is done, numbers wise. Cause Baun is going round 1, guaranteed. Uche I feel is a round 3 guy with maybe a chance to get to round 2. He doesn’t offer anything but a speed rush. We will see.

I was excited to see Terrell Lewis from Alabama. After watching him in drills, seeing how stiff he is in movement. How long and lanky he is. I’d just take him off my board to never be enticed. He’s a bust, bet on it...

Edited by CEN-CAL17

10 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Based solely on the 1 on 1's, I'd rank them like this:

Tier 1:

• Denzel Mims
  • Van Jefferson

Tier 2: 

• KJ Hill
  • Michael Pittman
  • Chase Claypool

Tier 3: 

• Antonio Gandy-Golden
  • Quartney Davis

Tier 4: 

• Jauaun Jennings
  • Devin Devurney
  • James Proche
  • Collin Johnson
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/27/2020 at 3:25 PM, CEN-CAL17 said:

Uche is a great Edge guy. He rarely drops in coverage if at all, that’s not his role. I see him being a 3-4 OLB that just always keeps the edge or rushes the passer. I watch Uche at the Senior Practices in person and felt he’s more of a speed rusher only but not the fastest. Nowhere near as slippery as Baun. Uche will be limited.

I’m really curious to see these 2 guys stacked next to each after the combine is done, numbers wise. Cause Baun is going round 1, guaranteed. Uche I feel is a round 3 guy with maybe a chance to get to round 2. He doesn’t offer anything but a speed rush. We will see.

I was excited to see Terrell Lewis from Alabama. After watching him in drills, seeing how stiff he is in movement. How long and lanky he is. I’d just take him off my board to never be enticed. He’s a bust, bet on it...

I just watched Uche vs Iowa, the vid showed every play he was on the field. He made zero plays in the game.  He tried to speed rush or bull rush every time, and was easily stopped by the OT, no secondary moves. He did help collapse the pocket once or twice but never even got near the QB. He ended up on the ground 5 times, and surprisingly dropped into coverage 5-6 times too. I haven't seen any of his other games, but was very unimpressed by the Iowa tape, he was invisible.

19 minutes ago, 947 said:

I just watched Uche vs Iowa, the vid showed every play he was on the field. He made zero plays in the game.  He tried to speed rush or bull rush every time, and was easily stopped by the OT, no secondary moves. He did help collapse the pocket once or twice but never even got near the QB. He ended up on the ground 5 times, and surprisingly dropped into coverage 5-6 times too. I haven't seen any of his other games, but was very unimpressed by the Iowa tape, he was invisible.

Uche only played 20 snaps vs Ohio state and he wasn’t injured. I think he only played on obvious passing situations or something? He played 6 snaps in the 2nd half 

Edited by YoloinOhio

16 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

After attending the Senior Bowl practices myself I walked away impressed by...

Quartney Davis, his route running was pretty solid, but he was physical and fought for the ball when he had too, you could tell this kid was scrappy, had an edge to him.  He looked to be solid in build, legs were thick and looked strong.  Soft hands and never had double catches.  Id compare him to Jarvis Landry.  I was impressed with this kid.  Then he had the best Senior Bowl game statistically and if you watched the game there were times he was wide open but the QB didn't have time.

I think this kid will be successful in the NFL, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes end of round 2 or early round 3 at latest.  Then you watch his highlight film and the kid makes plays, contested catches against top tier schools being A&M is in the SEC....  I'm putting Bryan Edwards, Quartney Davis, Michael Pittman in that late round 2 to early round 3 range.  Pick 50-75 range.

23 hours ago, DCOrange said:

Based solely on the 1 on 1's, I'd rank them like this:

Tier 1:

• Denzel Mims
  • Van Jefferson

Tier 2: 

• KJ Hill
  • Michael Pittman
  • Chase Claypool

Tier 3: 

• Antonio Gandy-Golden
  • Quartney Davis

Tier 4: 

• Jauaun Jennings
  • Devin Devurney
  • James Proche
  • Collin Johnson

Being at the Senior Bowl practices....  Ill tell you Quartney Davis was more impressive than all the Tier 2 guys you have listed.  Van Jefferson was solid, but doesn't have the strength Davis has, Davis has a strong lower body, thick. soft hands and is physical, quick off the ball, not a lot of wasted movement in and out of routes(like Pittman and Claypool) would fight for every pass and come away with the ball on bad throws, hes scrappy for sure.  Had the best Senior Bowl game statistically. 

To be honest I didn't see a single weakness with Quartney Davis, where so weaknesses were obvious in others...

Mims not really a physical guy, not the quickests, good hands, best WR there to highpoint the ball for sure, great at stacking DBs and shielding but at times got thrown off his route, play over.

Jefferson- skinny kid, quick for being 6'2". Route running was probably the best at the Senior Bowl.  But often his setups in and out of his breaks would slow him up, trip him up and stumble.  Hand were good, but not really physical.