Senior Bowl week

Lurker

5 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this, (or Hunter instead of Hooper) is my dream scenario.  It totally changes the offense.  Gives Allen two tall and big targets, and creates a huge mismatch.  It also allows us to draft a #1 WR.  You could have 6 legit receiving targets every play (3WR, 2 TE, 1 RB).  opens up play action and creates hopefully one person open that Allen can quickly ID.  

I think that would add up to 12 players (with 5 linemen and a qb), which isn't quite legal.   ?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Need to get two out of this draft....TWO

I don’t see the FO drafting 2 WRs....

Brown, Beasley, Duke, Foster, McKenzie (rookie could replace him), Roberts (don’t see him back)

Im thinking add Geronimo Allison in FA, and draft a day 2 WR....

2 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Brown, Beasley, Duke, Foster, McKenzie (rookie could replace him), Roberts (don’t see him back)

I have nothing against Geronimo Allison who is a good player...but I do absolutely see this team taking 2 WR's in this draft.....Past Brown and Beasely you have JAGS......we need to find that guy that makes plays when they are needed...not smurfs that are gonna dissapear against good defenses

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

That WR core next year with the addition of Allison ?. No thank you. Need that difference maker. Allison is not it

57 minutes ago, PetermansRedemption said:

That WR core next year with the addition of Allison ?. No thank you. Need that difference maker. Allison is not it

Throw in possibly Michael Pittman or whoever the draft pick may be...

Brown, Beasley, Pittman, Duke, Allison, McKenzie

Hows that look? If you think this FO is going to go spend $8-10M per or draft a WR round 1, it ain’t gonna happen.

16 hours ago, jabu said:

I think that would add up to 12 players (with 5 linemen and a qb), which isn't quite legal.   ?

well, if we sign Brady, I'm sure the refs will forget on a few plays.  :)

But we could go 2 WR then, still very tough to cover, esp. on anything less than 5 yards.  Imagine that lineup on like a 2nd and 5.  We could run, pass short to a TE or RB, or go long.  

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

Do you know for what?

I really like Aiyuk hes a terrific prospect

I think I read somewhere that those details generally come out at the end of Senior Bowl week. For now, we only know that he, Ashtyn Davis, and one other player were flagged and are now out for the week.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I like either of these two in the 2nd/3rd.

Collin left a major impression on me a few years back when he first burst on the scene. Seems like he never really made the leap after that unfortunately but he's still a WR I'd be interested in.

20 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

A couple WRs I'm keeping an eye on this week:

Van Jefferson is a Michael Thomas type WR. Do not judge him on his college production, as he was not in a WR friendly offense and didn’t have good QB play. Look at the nfl traits. He will be a value pick like Thomas.

1 minute ago, DCOrange said:

Collin left a major impression on me a few years back when he first burst on the scene. Seems like he never really made the leap after that unfortunately but he's still a WR I'd be interested in.

He’s another one - stuck in that Tom Herman/Tim Beck offense with Sam ehlinger, the white JT Barrett. These WRs at blue blood football programs are typically ultra talented but aren’t going to have the numbers of a kid playing with the top QBs in the  Passing offenses like Clemson, Bama,  LSU (this year). 

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'll actually be disappointed if we draft a WR in the 1st, unless someone like Ruggs somehow falls. There's ridiculous 2nd and 3rd round value at that position this year. I don't see that much of a drop off from Tee Higgins to a player like Michael Pittman. I'm back to thinking we need to draft an edge rusher in the 1st.