Senior Bowl week

Lurker

Lots of interesting players to watch in practice this week.   Per Peter King's column ?:

“Best wide receiver class in my 22 years of scouting,” Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy told me Sunday

Guys to keep an eye on:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/senior-bowl-2020-comprehensive-scouting-primer-about-this-years-pre-draft-event-in-mobile/

https://www.cover1.net/c1-draft-podcast-senior-bowl-preview-and-national-championship-fallout/

Edited by Lurker
new link
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 5

I’ll be there for Wednesday’s practice. I’ll have a big write up on standouts and Pros and Cons on attendees.

Im excited to see the WRs. Last year I went it was obvious Deebo Samuel and Terry McClaurin were studs.

WRs there this year are Bryan Edwards, Michael Pittman, Denzel Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, Van Jefferson, James Proche and more....

Edited by CEN-CAL17
  • Like (+1) 10
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Keep a close eye on Michael Pittman Jr. (USC) and Bryan Edwards (U South Carolina).... I really think they fit what we are looking for. 

Solid Senior Bowl roster overall this year, some good talent to be scouted. 

Edited by Acattack15
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PetermansRedemption said:

Good. Should be able to get a decent one in the 20’s then. 

That would be great but I respectfully disagree.  I think it's so deep that we can get any elite DE, OT or even LB (Simmons would be amazing) and then snag a rock solid WR in the 2nd.  Like Reagor or Hamler.

• Like (+1) 5

13 minutes ago, Acattack15 said:

Keep a close eye on Michael Pittman Jr. (USC) and Bryan Edwards (U South Carolina).... I really think they fit what we are looking for. 

Pittman is my choice for WR to take in Round 2. He has the size we lack and could develop into a top 2 WR over time. 

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Acattack15 said:

I would go Jefferson,  Pittman in the first 2 rounds. Sign Hunter Henry. Then find a sleeper RB in either 3rd or 4th round.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

I would love to have Hooper, Knox, and Sweeney

this, (or Hunter instead of Hooper) is my dream scenario.  It totally changes the offense.  Gives Allen two tall and big targets, and creates a huge mismatch.  It also allows us to draft a #1 WR.  You could have 6 legit receiving targets every play (3WR, 2 TE, 1 RB).  opens up play action and creates hopefully one person open that Allen can quickly ID.  

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

I’ll be there for Wednesday’s practice. I’ll have a big write up on standouts and Pros and Cons on attendees.

Im excited to see the WRs. Last year I went it was obvious Deebo Samuel and Terry McClaurin were studs.

WRs there this year are Bryan Edwards, Michael Pittman, Denzel Mims, Brandon Aiyuk, Van Jefferson, James Proche and more....

I would love to get James Proche. I know that he's a day 3 pick and more likely a slot receiver, but in the couple of Southern Methodist games I watched he catches everything. 

I do like Pittman and I'm curious to see how Aiyuk and Collin Johnson look too.

1 hour ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

CAN'T WAIT!  Any promising edge rushers? 

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Yes... Uche from Michigan, Jason Strowbridge of UNC, bigger kid. Alton Robinson from Syracuse has potential.

The players I want to see is Darrell Taylor Jr from Tennessee and Jonathan Greenard out of Florida....

2 hours ago, CEN-CAL17 said:

Don't forget Claypool.  I am eager to see him. He has the size, catch radius, and competitiveness the Bills are looking for.  Just curious if he has the separation.  It will be fun to see him catching from big armed QBs

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Acattack15 said:

Edwards backed out is what I read earlier. 

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/article239461838.html

Edited by H2o

2 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

this, (or Hunter instead of Hooper) is my dream scenario.  It totally changes the offense.  Gives Allen two tall and big targets, and creates a huge mismatch.  It also allows us to draft a #1 WR.  You could have 6 legit receiving targets every play (3WR, 2 TE, 1 RB).  opens up play action and creates hopefully one person open that Allen can quickly ID.  

Hunter Henry is the better TE.  As long as he stays healthy. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Lurker said:

Lots of interesting players to watch in practice this week.   Per Peter King's column ?:

“Best wide receiver class in my 22 years of scouting,” Senior Bowl executive director Jim Nagy told me Sunday

Guys to keep an eye on:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/news/senior-bowl-2020-comprehensive-scouting-primer-about-this-years-pre-draft-event-in-mobile/

https://www.cover1.net/c1-draft-podcast-senior-bowl-preview-and-national-championship-fallout/

Need to get two out of this draft....TWO

• Like (+1) 1