Bills Press and Fans...It’s Time to Move On With Pat Mahomes

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I don't disagree. I'm sure that was appealing to McDermott and it makes sense given how frustratingly conservative he can be throughout games. Still, they could've drafted Mahomes and kept Tyrod. It didn't have to be one or the other. 

The blame lies with the Pegulas more so then McDermott. Their indecisiveness on what to do with Whaley cost them an opportunity to draft him. 

Whaley knew that he was toast the moment that McDermott got hired..........any Pegula indecisiveness ended right there........he was all in on McBeane's plan...........which included waiting until after the draft to germinate Beane so they could use Carolina's scouting info.

Ended up outsmarting themselves.   

7 minutes ago, NJKBillsfan said:

Why not? You said draft hindsight is always 20/20. 

And it is.  But you took what I said and mischaracterized the point I was making.

Let me know if you’re actually interested in discussing the topic.

6 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Yes.

Passing on Mahomes was a colossal mistake.

Yeah one that 30 other teams made. Tell me this, how good did Mahomes stats look in the first quarter of the Houston game when his receivers were dropping every third down throw and his team got down 24 pts? Receivers matter, o lines  matter, play calling and execution matter. I’m not saying Allen will ever be Mahomes, but to say Allen is a colossal mistake is short sighted and uneducated & moronic on your part.... 

Mahomes is a great QB.  No one pre-draft predicted he would be this good.  No one.  Anyone saying so is simply not telling the truth.

I wanted Watson.  Was sad we didn’t take him.  But so what?  Now we have Allen and I like what I see so far.

Playing these hindsight what if games is pointless.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Mahomes is a great QB.  No one pre-draft predicted he would be this good.  No one.  Anyone saying so is simply not telling the truth.

I wanted Watson.  Was sad we didn’t take him.  But so what?  Now we have Allen and I like what I see so far.

Playing these hindsight what if games is pointless.

Uhhhh Jeff’sMagic spent the better part of 3 months telling everyone he would be this good. Plenty of others liked him. 

3 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Yeah one that 30 other teams made. Tell me this, how good did Mahomes stats look in the first quarter of the Houston game when his receivers were dropping every third down throw and his team got down 24 pts? Receivers matter, o lines  matter, play calling and execution matter. I’m not saying Allen will ever be Mahomes, but to say Allen is a colossal mistake is short sighted and uneducated & moronic on your part.... 

Drafted 10th overall...........but passed over by "30 other teams"...........I see you've really thought this thru.:lol:

3 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Uhhhh Jeff’sMagic spent the better part of 3 months telling everyone he would be this good. Plenty of others liked him. 

Liking him has nothing to do with predicting he would be as good as he is right now.  You’ve missed the point.  If teams really thought predraft he would be what he is today, teams would have done whatever to move up to the # 1 pick.  But they didn’t.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

Drafted 10th overall...........but passed over by "30 other teams"...........I see you've really thought this thru.:lol:

See above.

Racism?

Mahomes played in the same offense as Jared Goff and was much better in college. Why was Goff drafted number one overall and not Mahomes?

Watson-was one of the greatest college QBs of all time, but his game didn’t translate?

Lamar Jackson?

Hopefully these guys change the narrative for good on the black QB. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Fortunately for people like Tom Brady there are people like you who don't believe in the great value of ADDED motivation.

Tom shouldn't have dwelled on being passed over by every team 6 times.:thumbsup:

People like me that don’t believe in the value of added motivation? WTF does that even mean? Actually, never mind. Another Badol rabbit hole I’d just as soon avoid. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

In fairness 10 of the 32 teams in the NFL have worse all time winning %'s than the Bills............so drafting 10th and getting the opportunity to make a colossal mistake at that spot seems about right.:lol:

You’re stuck on this all time stuff as if it means anything.  It means nothing.  Nothing whatsoever.  We can go back to Brady and Montana too and it again means nothing about Mahomes.

This is all just hindsight garbage.  Again if NFL teams had crystal balls and could have seen Mahomes would be this good they would have all tried to get the # 1 pick that draft.  No one envisioned him playing at this level.  

• Like (+1) 3