Tom Brady’s (former) backup is playing in the Super Bowl, thoughts

Don Otreply

It’s just delightful to see this transpire, don’t ya think? 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, The Jokeman said:

Considering Brady himself almost got traded instead of Jimmy G, yes there is some gratification in that. 

That was I just rumor...

No one is saying JG is anything, 

So get with the program a gloat a little, Geesh people...

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

That was I just rumor...

Belichick wanted to keep Jimmy G. Belichick knew Brady was in decline and he is. Belichick knew Jimmy G was someone he could win with. Belichick knows he can’t win a SB with Brady anymore. If he thought he could Brady wouldn’t be a FA.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

6 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Now let's not act like Jimmy G is the second coming. But he is a very very good game manager who limits mistakes and is a winner.

What did he throw yesterday about 12 passes. Both KC and SF looked real good yesterday. Usually I have a good idea (at least I think I do) on who wins the Super Bowl. This one coming up is so evenly matched its hard to pick a winner. The early line that I saw was KC -1. I hope KC wins though for Reid.

Glad the Bills don’t have to face Garoppolo for 10 years in New England. He is not Brady but good enough that we’d not be able to take over the division like I forecast we will. Usually, the Pats make good personnel decisions, but this was a blunder.

Edited by SF Bills Fan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Greg S said:

What did he throw yesterday about 12 passes. Both KC and SF looked real good yesterday. Usually I have a good idea (at least I think I do) on who wins the Super Bowl. This one coming up is so evenly matched its hard to pick a winner. The early line that I saw was KC -1. I hope KC wins though for Reid.

6/8 for 77 ??‍♂️

3 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Brady should go to the Titans. Look how far they got with Mariota and Tannehill. Brady makes them contenders and there’s also the Mike Vrabel connection.

they didn’t get anywhere with Mariota.  They were awful

2 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Brady should go to the Titans. Look how far they got with Mariota and Tannehill. Brady makes them contenders and there’s also the Mike Vrabel connection.

Titans will be drastically different next season. They have many free agents and I think Henry will be gone. The Titans window has closed as quickly as it opened. 

49ers' Nastiness Shows in Stomping of Aaron Rodgers and the Packers

If you want to know who the 49ers are—truly are—look no further than tight end George Kittle and Nick Bosa

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2872181-49ers-nastiness-shows-in-stomping-of-aaron-rodgers-and-the-packers?

utm_source=cnn.com&utm_campaign=editorial&utm_medium=referral

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thronethinker said:

Titans will be drastically different next season. They have many free agents and I think Henry will be gone. The Titans window has closed as quickly as it opened. 

Henry isn't going anywhere. He is the heart and soul of that offense. They will Franchise Tag him before they let him walk. 

• Like (+1) 2

To be fair to Belichick, he evaluated the situation correctly as a coach and GM.  

As for Jimmy G., I think Shanahan’s play action system really suits him and his talents nicely.  That run game design was a thing of beauty against Pettine’s leaky run D.  

• Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, papazoid said:

all sides won

belichick recognized talent and made a substantial offer

brady said i'm not done being great and went to kraft to scuttle BB's plan

kraft kept the gang together for 2 more lombardi's

Jimmy trade was in the 2017 season, they only have 1 Lombardi since

29 minutes ago, StHustle said:

Now let's not act like Jimmy G is the second coming. But he is a very very good game manager who limits mistakes and is a winner.

That's how Brady started, as let's not forget the days of him always passing short to Troy Brown and Kevin Faulk. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Greg S said:

KC's D 'cowboy'd up" and shut down the prematurely-crowned "King Henry" yesterday afternoon.  Their D has come on at the end of the season.

Prior to yesterday, I would have said they didn't have enough D to shut down the 9ers.  Now I wonder.

Should be a good show.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Henry isn't going anywhere. He is the heart and soul of that offense. They will Franchise Tag him before they let him walk. 

Agree , they have the cap space to keep Henry and Tannehill