Phillip Rivers has moved away from San Diego to Florida

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

I thought that as well. Bears should too. Indy is close to a contender 

Bears OL is kind of a mess and he’s more of a warm weather/dome QB. I could see Cam to Chicago. Will be interesting to start seeing the QBs dominoes fall.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

well all reports seem to suggest brady to chargers so rivers as a stop gap to dolphins both make sense. 

I see him more on Tampa Bay than Miami.  Miami has Fitz.  He played well.  Tampa Bay has Winston...who did not.  I see both teams drafting QBs this year and they'll have the QBs to mentor them.

• Like (+1) 1

I’m surprised we’re not linking him to Jacksonville. Rivers isn’t really in a position to demand a winning team after the season he just had. I can see the Jags chasing their tail again paying him a monster 2 year deal to save dougs job. Indy makes sense just from the standpoint they are built to win right now. 
Tampa I guess, not sure he’s better than Winston there right now. Dolphins would be silly after what Fitz just did for them. 
I don’t know that he can really make any kind of impact, I think he’s done. He looked rough this season.

I doubt he ends up playing for any of the Florida teams.  Jacksonville has too much invested in Foles.  Miami is out unless he just wants a big payday to babysit someone.  Tampa, maybe but only if he thinks Arians has that team to win now, which I don't they are

I think this is just a long term family planning move.  After he retires the taxes in Florida are much saner than the taxes in Soviet Califonia

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m surprised we’re not linking him to Jacksonville. Rivers isn’t really in a position to demand a winning team after the season he just had. I can see the Jags chasing their tail again paying him a monster 2 year deal to save dougs job. Indy makes sense just from the standpoint they are built to win right now. 
Tampa I guess, not sure he’s better than Winston there right now. Dolphins would be silly after what Fitz just did for them. 
I don’t know that he can really make any kind of impact, I think he’s done. He looked rough this season.

Part of the reason that Rivers looked "done" was all the injuries on the Chargers OL combined with his own immobility.

I could see Jax or the Colts, but which has a decent OL?

23 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Yeah, I mean with the addition of having Rivers as a mentor to their new rookie QB and not having to rush him onto the field.

I think that's what Fitz is there for.

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I know the guy is about done but if Brady actually leaves the division, this might be the most fun offseason in 20 years. It’s mental with that guy and this team. Get him the ***** out and let’s play a home playoff game.

As crazy as it sounds, I coukd see the jets or Miami signing Brady. The jets make bone headed decisions, and Miami has no loyalty to fitz or Rosen, and I could see Flores making a move for him. This woukd be the last thing on earth I want, but Brady being able to go against his former team twice a year could be motivation. Who knows, it's all speculation at this point 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Big difference in taxes with a huge family moving from California to Florida

Let’s be honest, with the money Rivers has made to date, it should be invested in ways that makes taxes a completely moot issue.

Edited by eanyills

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t think he was returning to the LAC, but surprised he actually moved his (giant) family from SD. Wonder where he lands?

He's going to hook up with Fitzmagic and build a commune for their 400 or so kids...

• Haha (+1) 4

32 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Part of the reason that Rivers looked "done" was all the injuries on the Chargers OL combined with his own immobility.

I could see Jax or the Colts, but which has a decent OL?

I think the colts line is better, but not sure costanzo is coming back. Colts is absolutely the better situation if they want him. They have the money too for sure. 
But marrones leash has to be really short and he must be desperate is honestly the only reason I’d link rivers there. 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I didn’t think he was returning to the LAC, but surprised he actually moved his (giant) family from SD. Wonder where he lands? He says he wants to keep playing.  I had mentioned Panthers as a short term option last week. He went to NC State, could be a draw. Joe Brady would be a nice OC for his game. 

...now that is a REAL shocker Yolo.....he has like six or seven kids......quite an uprooting.....wonder what's up??..........

Just now, JR in Pittsburgh said:

These guys like Rivers and Brady should just retire. Their age combined with their family and team situations and contracts makes the decision so obvious and easy.  

...easier said than done....they are in a different stratosphere from me.....I'm 66, a widower and scared to death to retire......have no idea what I would do......42 year career, minimal hobbies because of work and my kids live locally so no need to travel to visit......I'm drawing blanks with the "R" word......