Phillip Rivers has moved away from San Diego to Florida

YoloinOhio

I didn’t think he was returning to the LAC, but surprised he actually moved his (giant) family from SD. Wonder where he lands? He says he wants to keep playing.  I had mentioned Panthers as a short term option last week. He went to NC State, could be a draw. Joe Brady would be a nice OC for his game. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Buffarukus said:

well all reports seem to suggest brady to chargers so rivers as a stop gap to dolphins both make sense. 

I think the Florida home is probably for income tax purposes. Not sure he goes to any of the Florida teams though i suppose Jax is a possibility. I have a feeling the Dolphins stick with Fitz and draft a QB. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, qwksilver said:

Someone on here has to know where the plane landed.

Haha we are a bunch of stalkers, aren’t we?

Rivers has had a vacation home on Blue Mountain Beach for a while.  Wondering if they moved there or elsewhere.

To another post I don’t think Rivers to Mia makes sense at all.  Bringing in Gailey says “Fitz to Draft Pick” to me

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Im thinking a large van no?

If you had $220 million in career earnings you could rent a 747 to travel and make the coast to coast change seamless

Man that's a ton of cash and doesn't include anything but NFL salary....

If the Dolphins grab him they could really be in good shape for the future when you consider all the first rounders they have and the way they played down the stretch. Getting him and grabbing Tua or another good prospect and letting them sit for a year or two, plus some wise drafting with the other picks and they (it pains me to say) could be pretty good in a few years.

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another place that would make some sense is Indy, he has a close relationship with Frank Reich and they have a good OL which he really needs. Not sure how that would work with the fam though. He’s very involved with his kids sports etc. 

Definitely more sense if he wants a shot at the SB before quitting. Indy is a hell of a lot closer at this point than the Phins.

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

If the Dolphins grab him they could really be in good shape for the future when you consider all the first rounders they have and the way they played down the stretch. Getting him and grabbing Tua or another good prospect and letting them sit for a year or two, plus some wise drafting with the other picks and they (it pains me to say) could be pretty good in a few years.

Um.  They'd be in good shape in the future if those draft picks work out, regardless of signing rivers. 

Just now, BringBackFlutie said:

Um.  They'd be in good shape in the future if those draft picks work out, regardless of signing rivers. 

Yeah, I mean with the addition of having Rivers as a mentor to their new rookie QB and not having to rush him onto the field. They could do a Mahomes with him which very few teams do these days with highly drafted QBs

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Another place that would make some sense is Indy, he has a close relationship with Frank Reich and they have a good OL which he really needs. Not sure how that would work with the fam though. He’s very involved with his kids sports etc. 

I thought that as well. Bears should too. Indy is close to a contender