Gameday Thread Packers @ 49ers NFC Title

Chandler#81

9 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 min to go in the 3rd. Jimmy G 4-6 for 48 yards. 33-7 niners 

He could actually have thrown his last pass already. Shanahan may have bad dreams that he needs to exorcise! 

I’m sure Jimmy G will be devastated if he doesn’t get 300 yards!!!

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, dubs said:

I guess running the ball and great defense isn’t dead huh?  Whoda thunkit 

Today helps to show that you can have any reasonable strategy as long as you're good at it.

We need our offense to get good enough at something to reliably score more points

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, JoPoy88 said:

harrison is a 1 tech, jordan a 3. So they can’t “swap.” Oliver is jordan’s replacement.

Which is fine, Oliver should be a good player.

Overall, our defense is good enough player and scheme wise to lose a player or two and still be good.

10 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

5 min to go in the 3rd. Jimmy G 4-6 for 48 yards. 33-7 niners 

If the 49’ers do win the SB  Jimmy G/? to the cheatriots****** 

Edited by Putin
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Went 13-3 mostly via winning by 10 or less against inferior or legitimately bad teams, lose when they actually play a top-5 team. The Packers are the Wisconsin Badgers of the NFL. Which I mean... seems fitting.

How Billsy of them...

9 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Can't stop the run.

It’s reminiscent of Pettine’s days with the Bills, his defense is vulnerable to the run. 

I remember Morone saying they were going to address it that off season, but then the Browns, in there great wisdom hired Pettine as head coach. 

Edited by jabu
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Edmunds & Milano will never be run stopping thumpers. Yes they're fast but too light. 

Their primary responsibility is pass defense, which they have the build for.  Rush defense is primarily the D-line, at least this seems what the scheme is.

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Which is fine, Oliver should be a good player.

Overall, our defense is good enough player and scheme wise to lose a player or two and still be good.

we’ll see. I’m getting a bit tired of kicking productive talent out the door simply because they excelled at their job and now want to get paid what they’re worth.

Just now, JoPoy88 said:

we’ll see. I’m getting a bit tired of kicking productive talent out the door simply because they excelled at their job and now want to get paid what they’re worth.

We will see.  Did that out of necessity recently due to cap problems.

Question is, do they sign their own guys and grab a FA or two as a “win now”, or stay the course and don’t kill the cap?

Feel they will be cap protective this offseason with the number of upcoming big contracts over the next 2-3 years.

4 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

I don't mind paying them what they're worth, but some team always over pays for good players that aren't great players.