Gameday Thread Packers @ 49ers NFC Title

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

After watching the Chiefs, felt like they have a great shot.

Not so sure.  Niners have a complete team, gonna be tough to beat them.

Feel the Niners are holding back a little.  Maybe not wanting to show any more than they have to the Chiefs?

One thing fore sure this will be a MUCH better SB then the last one as far entertainment , and the cheatriots not being there makes it even sweeter 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Like I said ....If McDermott and Beane think we can win a championship without a solid run D they had best Think Again

In your opinion, what do Bills need in order to have a solid run D?  They seem stuck with Star at least one more year do to his cap number.

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Nice non-answer.  The point, as several have pointed out, is that McD’s scheme is designed to defend the pass first, and can be vulnerable to the run for the same reasons that make it a tough pass D

What the Hell do you want from me?!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

They're not stopping the Chiefs offense on a neutral field.

Control the ball on offense and a sound defense.  Niners have an excellent chance to win.

Ultimately, doesn’t matter to me who wins.  I am more of a Niners fan, but wouldn’t hate a Chiefs win.

Edited by davefan66

Just now, DCbillsfan said:

In your opinion, what do Bills need in order to have a solid run D?  They seem stuck with Star at least one more year do to his cap number.

you didn’t ask me - but I think playing Ed Oliver more is one way. He was great against the run and Jordan Phillips is not. I know they like their rotation but when teams caught Phillips and Liuget on the field at the same time they knew they could run. Getting Harry back will help too. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

you didn’t ask me - but I think playing Ed Oliver more is one way. He was great against the run and Jordan Phillips is not. I know they like their rotation but when teams caught Phillips and Liuget on the field at the same time they knew they could run. Getting Harry back will help too. 

I agree about Harry and Oliver.  Need to sign free agent that's better than Liuget.  I'm assuming Jordan Phillips is leaving.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

That’ll help, but the unanswered questions are 1) whether Edmunds will improve vs the run, because they seem deeply committed to him at MLB 2) whether they can build a DT rotation that isn’t susceptible because I don’t see McD going to 100% Oliver/Phillips 3) defense vs screen plays

6 minutes ago, davefan66 said:

Control the ball on offense and a sound defense.  Niners have an excellent chance to win.

Ultimately, doesn’t matter to me who wins.  I am more of a Niners fan, but wouldn’t hate a Chiefs win.

Yeah I'd prefer Chiefs because of Andy Reid but I just want to see a good game.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

At least I gave you an answer. You never once answered any of my questions.

You don't have to be a dick about it.

Dude, your answer was the sarcastic “So they are not going to put any effort into fixing that.”

And when I call you on that being a non-answer because part of the issue is how they’ve built the LB corps with key draftees, you say you’ve given an answer and I’m being a “dick”?

Seriously?  Srsly?

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

That’ll help, but the unanswered questions are 1) whether Edmunds will improve vs the run, because they seem deeply committed to him at MLB 2) whether they can build a DT rotation that isn’t susceptible because I don’t see McD going to 100% Oliver/Phillips 3) defense vs screen plays

One thing that will not help imo is moving on from Shaq. I hope they don’t. 

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t think the Bills are alone here as far as run D. The league went pass happy, largely due to rules. The league wants scoring and excitement (A/K/A RATINGS.) Your LB’s look more like big safety’s, you get lighter and faster to defend the pass, which opens you up to getting pounded by a power running game. The pendulum swings both ways. 

• Like (+1) 1