Gameday Thread Packers @ 49ers NFC Title

Chandler#81

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

According to folks on this board that IS passing on Rogers.  Had we NOT traded our 1st round pick for Losman we could have taken Rogers and the rest would be history.  I mean the Bills should have known a year ahead of time that Rogers was a future HOF QB and NOT traded for JPL. 

Remember you can't win an argument with me on this because I have 20/20 HINDSIGHT - just like all the Bills backing Mahomey's!

Nobody knew Aaron Rodgers was going to be as good as he is. But he also took 4-5 years in the league to play good.

I wanted the Bills to take Watson, and I'm happy to have patience with Josh's development. 

We at least got more value out of trading that pick.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

Oh, I see that the Angry Alice Cooper is the head official today.

Should have expected that cheap roughing call.

That was BS, Clark tripped over a SF lineman's feet and then did his best to actually avoid making contact with Jimmy Gs leg. That's a play on. But no, Al Riveron sucks so much at his job that he has made his officials under him worse than they were. 

Just now, Watkins90 said:

That was BS, Clark tripped over a SF lineman's feet and then did his best to actually avoid making contact with Jimmy Gs leg. That's a play on. But no, Al Riveron sucks so much at his job that he has made his officials under him worse than they were. 

Milano had a similar penalty called on him in the season. 

4 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

No, we're built around the DBs.  The LB corps are basically big safeties.  IMO, the Dline needs a legit 1-tech and a stud DE/edge, even if we re-sign Shaq.

If we can get a true thumper at SAM, a dominate edge rusher, a solid 1-tech and a 2nd shut down cb, we could win it all with defense. 

Just now, Motorin' said:

Nobody knew Aaron Rodgers was going to be as good as he is. But he also took 4-5 years in the league to play good.

I wanted the Bills to take Watson, and I'm happy to have patience with Josh's development. 

We at least got more value out of trading that pick.

I was being sarcastic there Motorin! 

And you're right, Rogers had a more normal development path.  If we're lucky Allen will develop along a similar line. 

People forget that we've been there and done that before with respect to Mahomes - his name was Dan Marino!  And like Mahomes, a lot of teams passed on Danny.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

If we can get a true thumper at SAM, a dominate edge rusher, a solid 1-tech and a 2nd shut down cb, we could win it all with defense. 

We're not going to get a traditional MLB, that is not how McD built the defense.  His MLB is supposed to cover the slot receiver in the middle, as well as the TE.  Run defense is secondary, and is the primary job of the DT's.  Our defense is built around pass defense, first.  It is susceptible to the run as we've seen.

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

I was being sarcastic there Motorin! 

And you're right, Rogers had a more normal development path.  If we're lucky Allen will develop along a similar line. 

People forget that we've been there and done that before with respect to Mahomes - his name was Dan Marino!  And like Mahomes, a lot of teams passed on Danny.

My dad's still pissed the Bills traded Daryl Lamonica. ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1