Gameday Thread Titans @ Chiefs AFC Title

Chandler#81

39 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Yeah it does matter. If you're here whining about the bills not drafting the guy and you didn't want him on draft day, you need to be quiet. 

I hear this a lot. It makes no sense. 
I am not an NFL GM!  The list of NFL execs who care about who I think the Bills should draft is a list with no names on it. It doesn’t matter who I thought the Bills should draft in 2017. I can still critique the performance of the various GMs as an informed outside observer. 

12 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I hear this a lot. It makes no sense. 
I am not an NFL GM!  The list of NFL execs who care about who I think the Bills should draft is a list with no names on it. It doesn’t matter who I thought the Bills should draft in 2017. I can still critique the performance of the various GMs as an informed outside observer. 

:lol: ok captain hindsight.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Bermuda Triangle said:

Hey, did we have the chance to draft Mahomes?  Reading over this thread, I'm not clear on that issue.

Don't worry, in 2019 Josh Allen will be an MVP candidate. I read in it a lot of threads 2 seasons ago, then again this past season when they were bumped because he would sometimes throw for 2 TD's in a game.

Almost as good as getting to the Super Bowl. I'm sure in 2020 he'll be an MVP candidate for sure!

13 hours ago, jkeerie said:

Nope.  No confusion.  I've never seen him in an interview where he comes off well.  Even when the Hunt trophy was presented,  he yelled about partying.   I guess it was just exuberance. 

Huh, Shades of Gronk.   I wonder what Kittle is like.  Maybe that's a key trend for a great TE or something. 

Now this has me concerned for Dawson Knox, who comes across as intelligent and thoughtful.  If you got to be a Meathead to cut it as a top TE, he could be toast.   On the other hand, he did have all the lady reporters interviewing him on Locker Cleanout Day, so there's that.  ?

1 hour ago, stuvian said:

how far back in this thread do I have to go to talk about football?

Less far now

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Vrabel with the old standby with 6:48 left in the game down 18 points and facing a 4th down and not too long on their own side of the field...punt.

I mean what is his team thinking when he does this?  Are they thinking this is a coach who is actually trying to win the game or are they thinking our coach is just giving up and trying to not lose by more?  I mean I don't get it at all.  There is no real justification that can be made for his decision to punt the ball.  You are already facing almost no chance of winning the game and the only way you likely could is by converting a 1st down and then scoring on that drive.  Yet they punt the ball, end up getting it back again then actually DO score but then don't try and onside kick when they are down 11 with 4:24 left. 

I just don't understand Vrabel's attitude of trying to "lose by less" in a situation when everything is on the line for your entire season.  It makes zero sense and he should be questioned heavily about his conservative game calls.

Uh, did you shut it off when the punt team trotted out on the field? Because if it's the time I'm thinking of, they ran a fake punt and got the first down and then scored a TD

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, arcane said:

Uh, did you shut it off when the punt team trotted out on the field? Because if it's the time I'm thinking of, they ran a fake punt and got the first down and then scored a TD

Oh...actually you are right...I was in a daze watching that game.