Gameday Thread Titans @ Chiefs AFC Title

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

Oh please.

Just about every fan would embrace a first round talent QB like Mahomes..... how soon we forget just about EVERBODY was calling for Tyrods head that offseason.

Mahomes was not the guy in that draft.  He was considered to be more of a risk.

Draft history is rife w/ people rewriting who they wanted.  It's like saying you were at Woodstock.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, jkeerie said:

With new GMs?  I'm struggling to think of one but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. 

We didn't even have a GM actually. There was zero chance we were drafting a QB high that season. Allen will be compared Darnold and Jackson throughout his career. Those are the QBs we could have realistically taken over him.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Success said:

Mahomes was not the guy in that draft.  He was considered to be more of a risk.

Draft history is rife w/ people rewriting who they wanted.  It's like saying you were at Woodstock.

In the Bills fan version of Back to the Future, Marty goes back in time with 30 years worth of draft history, weasles his way into becoming GM of the Bills, and turns the team into perennial Super Bowl champs.

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I know. Our coach thought Nathan Peterman was worth a draft pick.?

In the 5th round? I fault Beane for thinking Peterman could start the whole 2018 season, but I don't fault him for drafting him in the 5th round. Scouting reports had him going in the 4th or 5th.

21 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

The run was great... letting him into the end zone was criminal. I’ve seen better tackles by the armless guy in the Fugitive. 

In fairness, The Fugitive guy had one arm, he wasn’t armless.  You probably weren’t intentionally limb shaming him, but these movie characters are real people with real feelings.  So many people call them armless, but is it so hard to refer to them as bi-laterally challenged?  And the jokes, always with the jokes.  “Hey, look, here comes Slots!” or “I saw a one-armed guy about to het hanged, so I started yelling out letters” or “When a one armed guy does Sign Language, is it fair to say he has a speech impediment?”.  

Sorry, I went on a rant, but armless?  No. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We didn't even have a GM actually. There was zero chance we were drafting a QB high that season. Allen will be compared Darnold and Jackson throughout his career. Those are the QBs we could have realistically taken over him.

Oh, I know that.  I was countering the argument that new coaches draft QBs all the time.  I'm trying to think of examples where both the coach and GM were brand new.