Championship Sunday PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

4 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

The fix is in.  Roger and his cronies cannot see a better outcome to the 100th season of NFL football than a replay of the very first Super Bowl.  Packers in a surprise, ref assisted, win vs the 49ers.  Chiefs steamroll Tenn.

SB I rematch Chiefs 45, Packers 23.

The funniest thing I've read in a while was a number of posts on the Pats Fans board saying that same thing.

Imagine Patriots fans, without any sense of irony, posting about  how the NFL is rigged!

Except for their titles, of course! That was them overcoming the league, America, and the world! LOL

On the topic of the games, I am rooting for KC. I see the 49ers winning easily.

4 hours ago, Putin said:

I don’t know about Chiefs STEAMROLLING the Titans , i know the Chiefs put on a clinic on the Texans but do the Texans even have a defense??? I think this will be a closer game then most people think , think the 9ers have a better chance STEAMROLLING the packers 

Yep, didn't the Titans beat the Chiefs once this year in a close high scoring game?

But a SBI rematch up seems all too fitting.

1 hour ago, billsherd said:

Just need bills to have  offense like the chiefs one day.

I see the Bills much more on the path of the 49ers and Titans.

Strong Defenses, run game and a QB that does just enough.

I’m finally rooting for a team.  Up til now I just wanted to see close exciting games.  Now I’m all in on wanting the Chiefs to win it all.  I just love Mahomes as he is so exciting to watch, and I really like Reid.  So sick and tired of listening about the Pats, BB and Brady.  Fun hearing Brady is officially moving when the kids get out of school.  Hopefully it leads to their demise, and outside of the Bills winning it all hopefully multiple times, but if not I want to see the Chiefs win back to back SB. That would be great for Reid and Mahomes.

6 minutes ago, machine gun kelly said:

I’m finally rooting for a team.  Up til now I just wanted to see close exciting games.  Now I’m all in on wanting the Chiefs to win it all.  I just love Mahomes as he is so exciting to watch, and I really like Reid.  So sick and tired of listening about the Pats, BB and Brady.  Fun hearing Brady is officially moving when the kids get out of school.  Hopefully it leads to their demise, and outside of the Bills winning it all hopefully multiple times, but if not I want to see the Chiefs win back to back SB. That would be great for Reid and Mahomes.

Nah I'll pass this place will be insufferable if that happens.

• Like (+1) 3

In a parallel universe the Bills are preparing to face the Titans at New Era. I have sent the wife to her mother's and am sitting in my underwear with a bucket of wings on one side and several beers on the other.

Still looking forward to the first game though. The NFC one, not so much. But I love the clash of styles we'll see with KC and the Titans.

38 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nah I'll pass this place will be insufferable if that happens.

Ain’t that the truth. 
Titans win, solid run game with solid defense=fun offseason chats. 
Chiefs win, omg we could of had mahomes, omg we need an offensive coach, omg we traded our best player McCoy to them, Sammy Watkins is a legit #1 and we got rid of him.. ???????

Chiefs win will ruin this place for months of terrible threads 

6 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

The fix is in.  Roger and his cronies cannot see a better outcome to the 100th season of NFL football than a replay of the very first Super Bowl.  Packers in a surprise, ref assisted, win vs the 49ers.  Chiefs steamroll Tenn.

SB I rematch Chiefs 45, Packers 23.

If there was a fix, it would be to have the largest TV markets/revenue generating teams make it.

That would put SF in over GB and Tenn wouldn’t have made it past NE or Houston who would have won today.

NFL doesn’t care about story lines, they can always manufacture new ones. They care about maximizing revenue.

I couldn’t imagine how amped up I’d be right now if the Bills were about to kickoff in a half hour. Couldn’t sit still two weeks ago.

Right now, though, I’m feeling pretty ho-hum about the games.  This is usually my favorite football Sunday of the year. Today I’m just hoping for some good football.