Championship Sunday PreGame Thread

Chandler#81

Packers @ 49ers & Titans @ Chiefs. Who ya got and why?

As a traditionalist, [read: OLD!] on this centennial season of the NFL & 60th season of the AFL, it would be apropos for the Super Bowl to be a rematch of the 1st AFL/NFL Championship Game, retroactively named Super Bowl I. Lombardi’s Packers had just won their 2nd straight title in route to 3 straight vs. Hank Stram’s innovative Kansas City Chiefs, fresh off their dethroning of our beloved Bills. So fitting, it appears the nefarious Football Gods are willing it to happen. 

Unfortunately, my startling decades old batting average of .500 in NFL Playoff games, tells me only one of them will earn a trip ‘to the Show’, while the other one falters today. No clue who and therefore ‘who’,  so we’ll watch and see.

But it’d be cool, nonetheless.

Enjoy the Games!

I don't see an upset here as the Chiefs and 49ers will take care of business.  Titans will come back down to earth like the '96 Jags did against the Pats.  

The 49ers are the most complete team in the NFL and their defense and running game makes up for the QB disadvantage.

Chiefs- 34 Titans 24

49ers - 27 Packers 17

• Like (+1) 1

Chiefs over Titans.  Yeah, Henry is going to be tough to handle, but Tannehill will need to step up today and don’t believe he has it in him to do so.  Chiefs offense is just too good.

Niners over GB.  Niners have a good offense and solid defense.  GB would need to have a near perfect game to win, don’t see that happening.

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I'm not over our loss yet.

I’m right there with ya. Would’ve liked a chance at KC last week. Better team lost our wildcard game. It’s gonna sting all off season. And there’s no guarantee we’re back next year even though I do like the direction we’re headed. 

22 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

The fix is in.  Roger and his cronies cannot see a better outcome to the 100th season of NFL football than a replay of the very first Super Bowl.  Packers in a surprise, ref assisted, win vs the 49ers.  Chiefs steamroll Tenn.

SB I rematch Chiefs 45, Packers 23.

I don’t know about Chiefs STEAMROLLING the Titans , i know the Chiefs put on a clinic on the Texans but do the Texans even have a defense??? I think this will be a closer game then most people think , think the 9ers have a better chance STEAMROLLING the packers 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

I don’t know about Chiefs STEAMROLLING the Titans , i know the Chiefs put on a clinic on the Texans but do the Texans even have a defense??? I think this will be a closer game then most people think , think the 9ers have a better chance STEAMROLLING the packers 

I think that both games are won by double digits (9ers and Chiefs).

3 minutes ago, Cripple Creek said:

I think that both games are won by double digits (9ers and Chiefs).

But, But you said..

2 hours ago, Cripple Creek said:

The fix is in.  Roger and his cronies cannot see a better outcome to the 100th season of NFL football than a replay of the very first Super Bowl.  Packers in a surprise, ref assisted, win vs the 49ers.  Chiefs steamroll Tenn.

SB I rematch Chiefs 45, Packers 23.

?

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

I don't see an upset here as the Chiefs and 49ers will take care of business.  Titans will come back down to earth like the '96 Jags did against the Pats.  

The 49ers are the most complete team in the NFL and their defense and running game makes up for the QB disadvantage.

Chiefs- 34 Titans 24

49ers - 27 Packers 17

This is how I see it.  Two-score wins (minimum) for Chiefs and 9ers.  It's also what I want to happen.

4 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

Packers @ 49ers & Titans @ Chiefs. Who ya got and why?

As a traditionalist, [read: OLD!] on this centennial season of the NFL & 60th season of the AFL, it would be apropos for the Super Bowl to be a rematch of the 1st AFL/NFL Championship Game, retroactively named Super Bowl I. Lombardi’s Packers had just won their 2nd straight title in route to 3 straight vs. Hank Stram’s innovative Kansas City Chiefs, fresh off their dethroning of our beloved Bills. So fitting, it appears the nefarious Football Gods are willing it to happen. 

Unfortunately, my startling decades old batting average of .500 in NFL Playoff games, tells me only one of them will earn a trip ‘to the Show’, while the other one falters today. No clue who and therefore ‘who’,  so we’ll watch and see.

But it’d be cool, nonetheless.

Enjoy the Games!

...nice work "81".....Hank & Lenny didn't quite "matriculate the ball down the field".......remember it well......:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Chiefs and 49ers, Niners win it all. 

Tannehill playing the SB back in Miami would be pretty mind blowing for the Fish fans though, so I wouldn't mind that at all.

1 minute ago, Helpmenow said:

Nfl network is a trip. Those guys are nuts

Maniacs, I thought Mooch might have a heart attack.

32 minutes ago, Helpmenow said:

Nfl network is a trip. Those guys are nuts

...quite the cast of characters...JJ is an obvious Pack homer......M-Rob, a known Bills supporter, loves to smoke 'em....Willie Mc does a fine job despite his Pats allegiance....you can have Irvin and Neon Deion....pfffft.....BTW, Lindsay is hot..............