So who is everyone rooting for tomorrow?

Steptide

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Chiefs vs 49ers would be good entertainment. I don't think I could stomach all the State Farm references if the Chiefs and Packers play. 

Tannehill winning the Super Bowl would give every team in the NFL false hope. I also couldn't stomach all the talk about not needing a top QB.

I don’t know about it being false hope, or not needing a top QB. If he wins the SB it will be more about being able to do it without “volume passing” -yes - but he has actually been a top QB in the league this year since he took over for Mariota. Statistically, he’s the best QB in football right now. He has made clutch throws and has been more Russell Wilson like than mahomes-like in their wins, but that’s how their team is built. 

Since Mahomes returned from injury in Week 10...

Tannehill: 117 of 169 (69.2%) for 1,762 yards (10.4 YPA), 16 TDs, 2 INTs, 129.8 rating, 139 and 3 TDs rushing

Mahomes: 162 of 243 (66.7%) for 1,851 yards (7.6 YPA), 11 TDs, 4 INTs, 97.6 rating, 136 and 2 TDs rushing

Maybe it’s a fluke, maybe not - but the titans aren’t winning with average QB play. He just doesn’t throw for a ton of yards. They are a team that is so successful in the run game they don’t need to. Would he be that good without Henry? Probably not because he’s getting DBs committing to the run. But you might see teams invest more into the power  run game now seeing how effective it’s been not only for titans but for the Ravens. That’s not false hope as much as it is an ever evolving game. Of course I would take mahomes or Rodgers over Tannehill or Jimmy G (who is also not winning with volume passing) but there is and should be more than one way to win.

Edited by YoloinOhio

A lot of years during the drought I never seemed to have much trouble switching from Bills to following/rooting for another team in the playoffs, mainly because the Bills rightfully would never be even in the football conversation during those times...but times, they are a-changin’, and frankly, this year more so than in forever, I just can’t muster up the mental gymnastics to start rooting for any other team, since I can’t get past the nagging thought that it should be us playing today!! Imho. :(

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12

8 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Tannehill winning the Super Bowl would give every team in the NFL false hope. I also couldn't stomach all the talk about not needing a top QB.

Tannehill has played pretty darn well , and was a first round draft pick. They have a dominant ground game and a good defense. If they win the Super Bowl, how is anything about them false ? Your take on the “ talk” is weak sauce. I’d rather listen to measured takes from fans that realize that there is more than one way to skin a proverbial feline. You don’t need the best QB in the NFL to win the Championship. Aaron Rodgers has a single SB win with no Pats*/ Brady dominating the NFC for the better part of 20 years. The “ we need QB X , should have drafted QB Z” stuff is what gets tiresome.