Is the government and the politicians that manage it the problem or a symptom of the actual problem?

10 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Consider:  “The consent of the governed”

This concept is what Lockeans and Jeffersonians would mandate In order that a government be considered legitimate.

However, in order for this to be true it would require 100% consent and non-compelled participation in the democratic process.

Here in America far less than 50% of the eligible population casts a ballot.  The two major parties construct the law in such a manner to limit 3rd party participation in order to maintain a false choice paradigm.

Given this the ruling class takes it’s “mandate for action” on the say so of maybe 1/4 of the population.

It’s part of the matrix used to oppress.

Holy crap. I never thought we'd agree on anything of this nature.

10 hours ago, unbillievable said:

140tle.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

There are worse ideas.

8 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Holy crap. I never thought we'd agree on anything of this nature.

There are worse ideas.

Eh, fighting giant bugs with small-caliber weapons, no armored vehicles, and no air support is a pretty bad idea, citizenship or not.

• Haha (+1) 3

On 1/20/2020 at 2:30 PM, TakeYouToTasker said:

I would argue that the franchise is nothing more than a legal fiction.

A construct invented by the elite/ruling class in order to justify as legitimate the projection of force towards those they intend to rule.

The franchise cannot exist without the state, and the state is not of God.  The franchise is part of the chains of servitude.

Do YOU vote?