Faith No More.........into them or not?

Seasons1992

Got some time on my hands today, so I'm listening to Faith No More's "Epic" as well as "Angel Dust," of course on vinyl. 

Likes, dislikes, anyone seen them in person? They've now been around for a long time. They've changed their sound as they've gone along, but so does every band, minus AC/DC. "I get offended when I hear that we've made 13 albums that sound the same.......we've actually made 14." ---Angus Young.

I liked a few of their songs back in the day (early 90's).  Saw them with Metallica and Guns N' Roses in Buffalo in '92.  They played a decent set but got a lot of boos and then proceeded to make fun of Buffalo and the fans.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

I liked a few of their songs back in the day (early 90's).  Saw them with Metallica and Guns N' Roses in Buffalo in '92.  They played a decent set but got a lot of boos and then proceeded to make fun of Buffalo and the fans.

Ah, the Rich Stadium concert........I was playing softball on the fields off California Rd. and could hear every word of all bands during the hours for those games. Regret not going, but I was 14.

Yet my parents let me buy, and attend solo, Bills games for the 1992 season..................

Can remember listening to Epic in the sony walkman at work over and over (had a sh1tty night shift working for home shopping channel) Both good albums  One of the few early 90's things I can still listen to.  Angel Dust didnt seem to go anywhere when it came out but Epic was monstrous.    I dont like "new" metal but it probably doesnt exist without Faith No More.  Think Mike Patton was difficult to deal with and they had "band" issues  I look from time to time but dont ever see current dates so dont even know if they play live anymore.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DuckyBoys said:

Can remember listening to Epic in the sony walkman at work over and over (had a sh1tty night shift working for home shopping channel) Both good albums  One of the few early 90's things I can still listen to.  Angel Dust didnt seem to go anywhere when it came out but Epic was monstrous.    I dont like "new" metal but it probably doesnt exist without Faith No More.  Think Mike Patton was difficult to deal with and they had "band" issues  I look from time to time but dont ever see current dates so dont even know if they play live anymore.

Patton is a weird guy. He was in another band at the same time named “Mr. Bungle.”  Very weird band/music.  

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

On 1/18/2020 at 3:12 PM, Seasons1992 said:

Got some time on my hands today, so I'm listening to Faith No More's "Epic" as well as "Angel Dust," of course on vinyl. 

Likes, dislikes, anyone seen them in person? They've now been around for a long time. They've changed their sound as they've gone along, but so does every band, minus AC/DC. "I get offended when I hear that we've made 13 albums that sound the same.......we've actually made 14." ---Angus Young.

I like some of their songs. "Epic" and "We Care A Lot" come to mind. How about Fu Manchu? Their album "King of the Road?" Terrific 

1 hour ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I like some of their songs. "Epic" and "We Care A Lot" come to mind. How about Fu Manchu? Their album "King of the Road?" Terrific 

"Epic" was great.  "We Care A Lot" was pre-Mike Patton and is a good song.  There's also "Falling to Pieces" and "From Out of Nowhere."  Truth be told I didn't hear anything else from them than what MTV showed.

I always wanted this band to be better than they were. There was a lot to like, just not enough to get to the next level.

Loved that they could pull off a pop-ish song line  A Small Victory and cover War Pigs. When I think of Faith No More, the song that comes to mind first is:

15 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

I always wanted this band to be better than they were. There was a lot to like, just not enough to get to the next level.

Loved that they could pull off a pop-ish song line  A Small Victory and cover War Pigs. When I think of Faith No More, the song that comes to mind first is:

That sounds like another metal band.  Helloween?