Luke Kuechly Interested in Coaching

JGMcD2

Saw that Kuechly doesn’t want to completely leave football behind and he’s specifically interested in coaching. I’m going to do everyone’s favorite thing and make the McDermott - Carolina connection. 

Bob Babich is a great coach but bringing Kuechly in as an assistant could help Tremaine take another huge leap this year. This would be really cool to see. 

EDIT: https://www.profootballrumors.com/2020/01/luke-kuechly-eyeing-coachingconsulting-gig

Edited by JGMcD2
  • Like (+1) 12
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, JGMcD2 said:

Saw that Kuechly doesn’t want to completely leave football behind and he’s specifically interested in coaching. I’m going to do everyone’s favorite thing and make the McDermott - Carolina connection. 

Bob Babich is a great coach but bringing Kuechly in as an assistant could help Tremaine take another huge leap this year. This would be really cool to see. 

I would SO be on board with this!

Where did you see the report? Link?

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

?????? Six to MIDNIGHT!!!!!!! I can get a coach Kuechly jersey like thry have Levy jerseys

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Kuechly had a lot of nice things to say about Tremaine after their practice in preseason. If nothing else have him spend some time with Tremaine on his approach to film study. Kuechly was notorious for logging film time and notes on offensive players, systems, and coaches. 

Edited by atlbillsfan1975
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Found this....last year McD was with the Panthers...

https://www.espn.com/blog/carolina-panthers/post/_/id/23839/sean-mcdermott-on-coach-kuechly-superman-carrying-a-clipboard

There is some serious love by McD...

McDermott has raves about him so many times. There is a lot of mutual respect. 

I could see him choosing Buffalo over anywhere else because of that relationship and our trajectory. I also think he’d like to work with an up and coming star like Edmunds.

All speculation of course, but the pieces are there. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

So, on a scale of 1-10, ten being the most likely, how likely is Buffalo his landing spot?

5 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

McDermott has raves about him so many times. There is a lot of mutual respect. 

I could see him choosing Buffalo over anywhere else because of that relationship and our trajectory. I also think he’d like to work with an up and coming star like Edmunds.

All speculation of course, but the pieces are there. 

This would be a significant "free agent" acquisition.  I really like the idea of adding another early retiree LB from the Panthers -- This would be even greater than adding Dan Morgan to Beane's team.  Morgan will also have a role in recruiting Luke to Buffalo if its an option.

Edited by JoeF

5 minutes ago, Don Otreply said:

So, on a scale of 1-10, ten being the most likely, how likely is Buffalo his landing spot?

If Luke is serious about this rather than a TV career (Where I think he would be a "D" version of Romo) I gotta believe the Bills would be in the top 2 or 3 destinations....just pure speculation

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, JoeF said:

If Luke is serious about this rather than a TV career (Where I think he would be a "D" version of Romo) I gotta believe the Bills would be in the top 2 or 3 destinations....just pure speculation

I would agree. Connections are there and the Pegula’s have shown willingness to spend money on having a high end staff. Both coaching and front office. There is a ton of talent everywhere in our organization. 

If Beane and McDermott want him... they may be able to give him the best deal financially. Pair that with working alongside the defensive coordinator whom you had he most success with (2013 NFL DPOY) and it may just make a lot of sense. 

Also, here is our very own Dan Morgan praising Kuechly! https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/scott-fowler/article239376698.html

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1