Jason Garrett new Giants OC

Gambit

2 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Don't get me wrong, if the Jets are unattractive in FA and go into a further tailspin, it would only make me smile. 

But there is the point that the Jets were 6-2 in their last 8 games.

But that was against a weak schedule. 

This is certainly interesting.  I thought Garrett was a kind of hands off head coach in Dallas, instead leaving it up to his offensive coordinator to design the offense, call plays and work with players.  He was kind of a CEO type head coach, along the lines of Marv Levy.  The Dallas offense, also, was reportedly pretty rudimentary, depending on superior talent at RB, WR and offensive line rather than creativity.  We'll see how things pan out.  I think they'll probably plan on moving forward with Daniel Jones at QB. 

17 hours ago, eball said:

This is really interesting, and I think a good move for the G-Men.  You get someone who provides instant intel on a division opponent, and is still (I think) a pretty good coach.

Kind of an "Eff you" from Garrett to Jerruh, as well, which I like.

I think it's a fantastic hire.

Hiring a ST Coach to be a HC - especially in NJ - seemed pretty stupid to me.  Garrett's HC experience will undoubtedly help this kid.  Not only on the job, but handling the media.

I've never liked Garrett (dude creeps me out; looks like one of those possessed ventriloquist dummies); but I'll be rooting for the Giants to win their division, for sure.

6 hours ago, Gugny said:

I think it's a fantastic hire.

Hiring a ST Coach to be a HC - especially in NJ - seemed pretty stupid to me.  Garrett's HC experience will undoubtedly help this kid.  Not only on the job, but handling the media.

I've never liked Garrett (dude creeps me out; looks like one of those possessed ventriloquist dummies); but I'll be rooting for the Giants to win their division, for sure.

They are easily my favorite of the four teams in that division.