Jason Garrett new Giants OC

Gambit

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

was never impressed with garrett as a head coach.

he needs this OC job to go well in order to get another shot as HC

i think it goes well...especially if saquan can stay healthy

...quite the insult to Wade who was paid LESS as HC versus Garrett as OC...typical Jurrah...............

2 hours ago, eball said:

This is really interesting, and I think a good move for the G-Men.  You get someone who provides instant intel on a division opponent, and is still (I think) a pretty good coach.

Kind of an "Eff you" from Garrett to Jerruh, as well, which I like.

I agree with you on this one. I’m not sure why some people are so dismissive of Garret as an OC. As Bills fans we should be well versed in the difference a HC/Coordinator position makes for some of these guys. 

Edited by CommonCents

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

Agree but that’s not saying much. Gase almost killed several ex-dolphins’ careers that, it turns out, are actually pretty good players. 

Gase's team started 1-7 and finished 6-2.  Dallas started 5-3 and finished 3-5.

Which coach had the far better roster?

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Do you think Garrett would be a bad coordinator? I think it's a good move for them.

Idk, I can see how you'd think that but how absolutely garbage that time was this year with the talent they have just blows my mind. Maybe he's just a ***** HC. If it works out for them then good on them cause honestly ***** the Cowboys. 

Should make for fine drama for the NFL and good ratings.  Cowboys issues run far deeper than just Jason Garret.  Jerry Jones as the GM is never going to work.  Too reactionary and not patient enough.  He's made some incredibly dumb knee jerk moves  .  Everybody says the Cowboys are loaded with talent but is it that or are they loaded with overpaid players who dont play up to the big money?  Zeke is not running the way he used to.  That O line is not worth all that money  If they were that good why the heck is the offense going through Dak ?  By running it through Dak they are now set up to drastically overpay at QB.  Cooper shows up sometimes and he's set to get dumb money.  I can see the Cowboys blowing things up soon more than I can see them turning the corner all of a sudden with a guy who could not win consistently with Rodgers

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

This is really interesting, and I think a good move for the G-Men.  You get someone who provides instant intel on a division opponent, and is still (I think) a pretty good coach.

Agreed. Plus you give a first-year head coach someone who has been a head coach for years. From a process standpoint, it's a very smart move. Garrett can help Judge navigate his way through a number of organizational things, from training camp to game-day preparation, etc. Whether Judge and Garrett will make a good team will be told in good time, but this is big help for Judge.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Agree but that’s not saying much. Gase almost killed several ex-dolphins’ careers that, it turns out, are actually pretty good players. 

Gase is terrible. I honestly think it's only going to get worse for the Jets before it gets better. Peyton Manning and the rest of that offense in Denver made him look like something he's surely not. All of the crap that happened this year with the handling of injuries, the way they treated players around the trade deadline, and Gase's attitude in general is going to make them very unattractive in FA also. 

Garrett strikes me as a guy like Wade Phillips who can have a long career as a coordinator, but isn't really cut out to be a HC. 

Edited by H2o

2 hours ago, MJS said:

Do you think Garrett would be a bad coordinator? I think it's a good move for them.

Right.  Garrett as OC could end up being a much better move for NYG than trying to poach Daboll.

4 hours ago, H2o said:

Gase is terrible. I honestly think it's only going to get worse for the Jets before it gets better. Peyton Manning and the rest of that offense in Denver made him look like something he's surely not. All of the crap that happened this year with the handling of injuries, the way they treated players around the trade deadline, and Gase's attitude in general is going to make them very unattractive in FA also. 

Garrett strikes me as a guy like Wade Phillips who can have a long career as a coordinator, but isn't really cut out to be a HC. 

There are three types of coaches.

Most coaches are mediocre-they don’t really make things better or worse. Some coaches make things better and some coaches make things worse. Adam Gase is the ladder. Both his presence in the organization and as a play caller will make your team worse. If Adam Gase was replaced by a random college OL coach the Jets would be better off. He’s addition by subtraction. 

Edited by JetsFan20

7 hours ago, H2o said:

Don't get me wrong, if the Jets are unattractive in FA and go into a further tailspin, it would only make me smile. 

But there is the point that the Jets were 6-2 in their last 8 games.