What Did McDermott Mean By Saying “We Let Too Many Leaders Out of The Building” in Carolina

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

That would be disappointing... I feel they'll be in on at least a couple big splash guys. 

Don't recall seeing that many big time splash names at positions the Bills really need other than Yannick and Cooper.  Green would qualify, but IMO he'd be a very risky pick with all his injuries.

I could see maybe one big time signing, but would be surprised if more than that unless you'd consider signing a Robbie Anderson type as big splash. IMO there may be a few Anderson type signings, maybe one big one, but would be surprised if more than that.

The other issue I'd worry about is while the Bills have enough money this year and likely in 2021 too, beyond that how are you going to sign many big names this season and still afford to resign many of the upcoming FA in 2021 and beyond.  Other than WR and DE not sure there's any positions out there that are going to give you a good enough return on value over the incumbent to justify signing a top level FA.  Mid level guys yes, top paid doubt it.

Essentially it means the Bills are probably not going to release Star Lotulelei, who is not a big stat guy but is perceived as a leader on the team, while they will probably not bid too high to retain the services of Jordan Phillips, who got a bunch of sacks this past season, but is neither a locker room leader, nor a really well rounded DT,