Devin Singletary Highlight Reel

I feel like this highlight reel missed some of his better runs. He had great blocking on most of these plays; I thought his best plays were the ones where he broke through contact and got yards that weren't supposed to happen. 

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Anyone remember Brian Westbrook? Well that's Devin Singletary. If Brian Daboll can't find a way to get Singletary 1500 plus scrimmage yards next season I'll be the 1st to say he must go. Can't wait to see him next year.

Yup. I see a little Darren Sproles too though Motor is a bit thicker. 

crazy stat: Westbrook had 3 fumbles in his entire career. Motor already has 4. 

He's incredibly patient and waits for his blocks.  I like how when he's knocked down, he pops up immediately, hands the ball to the ref and runs back to the huddle.  I also like the fact that he doesn't hot dog it when he reaches the ends zone.  As Marv used to say, "Act like you've been there."  He's a classy kid. 

9 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

He is the slipperiest back I've ever seen. Yeah, more than Barry Sanders (who was slippery as well).

NO, I'm not saying he is better than Sanders, just that he seems to slip out of tackles like no other back.

I mean there have been many. Travis Henry was the best Bills RB at slipping tackles IMO. Lynch would just run through guys, but with Henry defenders could never hold on to him.

Singletary is very elusive but he has a long way to go. Big offseason for him.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

I mean there have been many. Travis Henry was the best Bills RB at slipping tackles IMO. Lynch would just run through guys, but with Henry defenders could never hold on to him.

Singletary is very elusive but he has a long way to go. Big offseason for him.

I disagree.

If he had that "second gear", he'd be a top 5 back. He well outperformed my expectation. I saw his lack of speed and quickness to be a limiting factor in his effectiveness, but he makes up for it with his vision and his shoulder lean. Dude always falls forward, keeps those feet churning and can torque/twist in a way to break many, many tackles. 

Like some others, I don't see Singletary ever being like Barkley, or Kamara. He won't take a 60 yarder to the house. But he has shown that a steady dose can be leathal. 

Look for McD to add that "speed" piece to the backfield this off-season. This offense is sorely missing players who can score immediately. 

That juke cut he makes vs Pitt at 4:28 is the nastiest move i've ever seen.   Thats a professional tackler and he makes him look like a fool.

1 minute ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

If he had that "second gear", he'd be a top 5 back. He well outperformed my expectation. I saw his lack of speed and quickness to be a limiting factor in his effectiveness, but he makes up for it with his vision and his shoulder lean. Dude always falls forward, keeps those feet churning and can torque/twist in a way to break many, many tackles. 

Like some others, I don't see Singletary ever being like Barkley, or Kamara. He won't take a 60 yarder to the house. But he has shown that a steady dose can be leathal. 

Look for McD to add that "speed" piece to the backfield this off-season. This offense is sorely missing players who can score immediately. 

I wouldnt say he lacks quickness.  

Definitely would be nice to have a young power back to complement him next year.

Great first season for Singletary.  To take the next step he needs to work on his cutting down his fumbles and drop passes and on his pass blocking.   I assume pass blocking was why he didn't play as much at the end of the Texan game.

The weird thing is that he did not have any fumbling issues in college:  1 in 261 carries in 2018 and 4 in 301 carries in 2017 vs 4 in 151 this season.  Same with Josh Allen -- no fumbling issues in college but big issues this season.

1 hour ago, Da webster guy said:

That juke cut he makes vs Pitt at 4:28 is the nastiest move i've ever seen.   Thats a professional tackler and he makes him look like a fool.

I wouldnt say he lacks quickness.  

Definitely would be nice to have a young power back to complement him next year.

#freeNickChubb