Devin Singletary Highlight Reel

Sickest juke move in the NFL, other than maybe Barkley. 
I said before I never thought he’d be able to get all those tough 1-2 yarders, but he proved me wrong. His ability to somehow almost always move forward or fall forward despite the insane side to side action is awfully impressive. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Thurmans quote pretty much nailed it: he’s got to touch the ball 20-25 times per game. 

Yup. 

Hands down best athlete on the field. Incredible burst, timing, and vision. We made a mistake not making him the focal point of the O.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Sickest juke move in the NFL, other than maybe Barkley. 
I said before I never thought he’d be able to get all those tough 1-2 yarders, but he proved me wrong. His ability to somehow almost always move forward or fall forward despite the insane side to side action is awfully impressive. 

I think that’s the characteristic of a good RB. Making guys miss in a phone booth. Straight line speed matters but quickness is more important when judging a RB.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Thurmans quote pretty much nailed it: he’s got to touch the ball 20-25 times per game. 

Yup. 

And yet, mind-bogglingly, he has only seen run touches in the 20's for 3 games: Washington, Denver and Pittsburgh.

Add a 4th game >20 if you combine rushes and pass targets, 25 vs Baltimore.

The nadir was Cleveland with 8 run touches and 6 pass targets.  Houston was 20 combined rushes plus pass targets.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, sunshynman said:

Hands down best athlete on the field. Incredible burst, timing, and vision. We made a mistake not making him the focal point of the O.

Part of Thurmans discussion is as that Gore said Singletary had great vision. Thurman believes it’s more his balance which is so amazing. 

It’s on the Bills website and I’m busy at work so can’t provide link right now. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Then Mystery of Life, Buffalo Bills - WHY DON'T WE GIVE HIM THE BALL MORE?

Or as one of the commenters said "Could have really used a guy like this in the 2nd half vs Houston"

I thought we did a great job containing Singletary in that second half

• Haha (+1) 7

2 hours ago, TroutDog said:

Yup. 

I know this is going to sound homer-ish.  

Thurman is actually who Devin most reminds me of. 

Great balance and vision, quick, not fast and surprising power, low center of gravity. Not Sanders like jukes but slippery in tight quarters. Movement to space, but subtle, very good in screen game.  Goes into scrums and somehow squirts out. 

cant wait to see what he looks like after a Pro offseason. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

So happy I was not running the draft board for the Bills :), I would have passed on quite a talent there. GO BILLS!!!!!!!

No kidding I would have picked the right josh, who would’ve turned out to be the wrong josh and whiffed on Lamar. 

glad they leave it to the pros. 

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, TroutDog said:

Part of Thurmans discussion is as that Gore said Singletary had great vision. Thurman believes it’s more his balance which is so amazing. 

It’s on the Bills website and I’m busy at work so can’t provide link right now

Thats a lazy, lame excuse! No one here cares about your job. Step up your game.

?

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1