Mr Burrow says Joe Burrow would be happy to be drafted by Bengals

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

1) he’s from there so it would be pretty terrible if he didn’t want to play for them.

2) I do get the sentiment. I really do.  But how many jobs do you not get a choice where you have to live for multiple years?

I find it refreshing in this age of ‘helicopter parents’ (see the circus in D.C.) and first round draft picks belittling other franchises that father and son here show class.

6 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

And because of that, you think the Redskins will pass on him? -_-

Does anyone know for sure? They may take Chase or they might look to trade down. There are probably many GMs that would prefer to trade that pick.

6 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course he’s going to Cincinnati. I’m sure that’s not his first choice but since he has no control he will accept it. Burrow has “it.” He has all of the QB intangibles and incredible pocket awareness. I will be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL QB.

for me, the only question is whether he will be a star right out of the box or will it take him a couple years to get there. i'm leaning towards him being a star right out of the box.

1 hour ago, Buffalo716 said:

This really isn't big news lol

Very few players go out of there and call there shot and say I don't wanna play here , don't draft me

...um, some may want to rethink that if in OBD's plans and having to face the legendary "TBD Draft Review Squad"......hell, you could be labeled a "bust" anywhere from pre-season to a MAXIMUM of six starts in your career......could twist an ankle dodging the pigeon droppings on their "red carpet welcome mat".....tough crowd.......

1 hour ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Nnnnnnnot so sure that's what happened there.

I expect I’d disagree with your take as I believe Jackson is quite intelligent, just as Harbaugh asserts.

Tank is probably the wrong word.  

Let’s just say I think he didn’t see it as important thus didn’t bother to prepare for it, just like he didn’t bother with the 40 yd dash or agility events.

19 minutes ago, LittleSammy said:

But they will have Cordy Glenn protecting his blind side. Ouch!

Jonah Williams will be back and he said he will only play LT in the nfl. So it looks like it’s his job to do so. Wonder if Glenn is even back in Cincy next year, things were pretty tenuous between those two parties this year. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I hope they use all their remaining picks on offence to build around the young man.

Yep, starting with the o-line so the kid doesn't get killed.  Any position on the line that is questionable should be upgraded.  Also, I doubt Cincy lets AJ Green go, they have a vet WR1 who will be a friendly target for a rookie QB.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

The only thing that “worries” me

1) his number increase is absolutely amazing.  There was zero evidence this was in store.

2) he’s older

3) personally, I like qbs who put up huge college numbers who are carrying the team.  He was playing on a nfl offense.

that said, I really like him and that was as dominant of a season as I have ever seen.  I think they should keep Dalton for one more year but they suddenly became really interesting.

Their skill players are pretty good. They have the woman puncher at rbs and some good rbs.  Their oline sucks.

C.Biscuit97 a good friend of mine moved to New Orleans years ago and got me hooked on LSU football.  They're my 3rd favorite team behind only The Ohio State Buckeyes & the University of Cincinnati.  I saw most of last years LSU games and thought Burrow did pretty good with a very young team against a BRUTAL schedule.  Considering how inexperienced he and the rest of the offense were his numbers were above average and he actually had a solid season.

He showed flashes of brilliance in leading LSU to big wins over 3 top 10 teams last year.  Check out hist last two games from last year - a mega SEVEN OT loss to Texas AM and LSU's New Years Day Bowl victory over an undefeated UCF.  In both games Burrow was stellar and offered a nice preview of what he would do this year.  BTW it was those games that Joe Brady watched in the off season after getting the job that convinced him that Burrow could run a wide open spread offense.

9 hours ago, soflabillsfan1 said:

I don't know how a QB who plays in the SEC, throws 60 TD's and beats 7 top 10 teams isn't the best prospect in the draft.

The only major knock on him is arm strength as he throws a rainbow arch on deep balls.  Faster safeties and CB's in the NFL will take advantage of that.  That's the only reason he's not an "Andrew Luck" can't miss type prospect.

11 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

The only major knock on him is arm strength as he throws a rainbow arch on deep balls.  Faster safeties and CB's in the NFL will take advantage of that.  That's the only reason he's not an "Andrew Luck" can't miss type prospect.

As it turns out, if he has the arm to overthrow the WR by 10 yards, there’s very little risk of in interception. 

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself........

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

As it turns out, if he has the arm to overthrow the WR by 10 yards, there’s very little risk of in interception. 

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself........

Right.  It's the reason neither will ever be Aaron Rodgers or John Elway.  I think the Romo comparisons are the most apt when it comes to Burrow.