Mr Burrow says Joe Burrow would be happy to be drafted by Bengals

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nice to hear a parent and player being grateful and gracious about a potential team.  

1) he’s from there so it would be pretty terrible if he didn’t want to play for them.

2) I do get the sentiment. I really do.  But how many jobs do you not get a choice where you have to live for multiple years?

Edited by C.Biscuit97

5 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course he’s going to Cincinnati. I’m sure that’s not his first choice but since he has no control he will accept it. Burrow has “it.” He has all of the QB intangibles and incredible pocket awareness. I will be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL QB.

The only thing that “worries” me

1) his number increase is absolutely amazing.  There was zero evidence this was in store.

2) he’s older

3) personally, I like qbs who put up huge college numbers who are carrying the team.  He was playing on a nfl offense.

that said, I really like him and that was as dominant of a season as I have ever seen.  I think they should keep Dalton for one more year but they suddenly became really interesting.

5 hours ago, JMF2006 said:

I hope they use all their remaining picks on offence to build around the young man.

Their skill players are pretty good. They have the woman puncher at rbs and some good rbs.  Their oline sucks.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like that will leave the Steelers as the only afc north team without their QB of the future and no 1st rd pick. You hate to see it. 

The Duck will spread it's wings once again and fly mightily over the great pond of life.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

i read that and was like...van pelt is their qb coach?  

I see his name come up randomly more than any other former Bill seems like. He's been everywhere hustling his 3rd stringer QB skills. Man has lived the NFL life with zero pressure.

34 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

Totally different situation. The Mannings has leverage by being the closest thing to football royalty that could exist. 

33 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Ok, what about John Elway?

27 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Burrow has zero in the clout department compared to Eli Manning when he came out.

Elway had the New York Yankees.

25 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

And what did Eli have?

Not that I care about this argument but y'all got caught in a loop. The argument posed is Eli was football royalty and Elway had baseball. If you ask for one player each question and then the other next question it makes it sound like nobody is answering for the other guy..

FWIW I think regardless of the leverage these 2 show enough precedent that if a top pick brings up enough stink about getting drafted they do make it very hard for the drafting team to go through with selecting them.

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

6 hours ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nice to hear a parent and player being grateful and gracious about a potential team.  

just watch, when he DOES go 1st overall to Cinci he’ll probably start swearing uncontrollably while holding up a picture of his grandmother

2 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Not that I care about this argument but y'all got caught in a loop. The argument posed is Eli was football royalty and Elway had baseball. If you ask for one player each question and then the other next question it makes it sound like nobody is answering for the other guy..

He could pull a Bo Jackson ala 1986. 

Just now, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

I think draftees have more leverage than we give them. I just found that forum exchange pretty funny. 

They do but I don't think most do as if they do it could really destroy leagues and don't think any draft pick would want to be the cause of that. 

1 minute ago, The Jokeman said:

They do but I don't think most do as if they do it could really destroy leagues and don't think any draft pick would want to be the cause of that. 

For sure. None past the top end of the first round since pretty much any other player is lucky to even be drafted. The best recent example I can think of is La'ell Collins who after sliding far enough claimed he wouldn't sign with anybody that drafted him.. allowing him to be a former projected 1st rounder turned an UDFA who could choose whatever team he wanted.

If that was repeated with any more success that tactic would certainly wreck the league. I presume the owners would rather blackball with most cases. But La'ell had been particularly screwed predraft.