Mr Burrow says Joe Burrow would be happy to be drafted by Bengals

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I mean Chase Young MIGHT be a better player but no team is passing up a potentially great QB for a DE

Based on post-season bowl performance between Burrow and Chase, it's laughable to think there's even debate about who's #1...

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, matter2003 said:

I mean Chase Young MIGHT be a better player but no team is passing up a potentially great QB for a DE

It’d have to be a situation like the 49ers with Bosa or a team that ended up with another teams 1st. Basically a team that had an anomalously horrid year or just got lucky. Getting a DE talent like that is rare enough to warrant the choice of QBS isn’t an immediate need. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like that will leave the Steelers as the only afc north team without their QB of the future and no 1st rd pick. You hate to see it. 

Can I introduce you to Duck Hodges....

36 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Based on post-season bowl performance between Burrow and Chase, it's laughable to think there's even debate about who's #1...

1st pick and best prospect are 2 different things. Chase Young is universally regarded as the top prospect. Joe Burrow is universally regarded as the top pick. Those are both true. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Wish he was going to the NFC, but oh well. Bengals fans deserve an elite prospect I guess...they have been on the fringe of mediocre and good for so long.

Right now the Bills are like the 2012-2015 Bengals..  Pretty solid D, need a bit more out of the offense and QB to get to the next level.  

Anyway, glad to see Burrow looking forward to Cincinnati.  He's from a poor area of Ohio, I'm sure he'd be thrilled playing anywhere but in his native Ohio is pretty cool.  

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

I'm here too. I do have a slight question about how high the ceiling is in that he is already 23, not sure how much more development there is in there, he already looks like a mature, professional football player out there. But as I have said often on this board I value floors when I evaluate much more than I value ceilings and to me Joe Burrow's floor basically starts where the guy he is replacing has been - I think he could come into the NFL and perform at an Andy Dalton level from day 1. Everything thereafter is found money.

This is the same age as Russel Wilson was when he wrapped up his college career. 

I think Burrow will be a great NFL QB.  I'm excited at the possibility that 5 years from now the team I love (Da Bills) and the team in the place I live (Da Bengals) will have the two best QB's in the AFC.  This will be a big change from my football experience with these two over the last 20 years.

Edited by CincyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 3

3 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course he’s going to Cincinnati. I’m sure that’s not his first choice but since he has no control he will accept it. Burrow has “it.” He has all of the QB intangibles and incredible pocket awareness. I will be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL QB.

Lots of crazy things could happen between now and April.

Who would have thought Kyler Murray would have gone #1 to the Cardinals at this time last season?

With Carolina bringing in Joe Brady as offensive coordinator, I'm curious if they might try to make a move for the #1 pick (they currently sit at #7).  If you are the Panthers, the idea of reuniting Brady/Burrows is very tempting.  And if you are the Bengals, would a massive load of picks be worth moving down 6 spots and maybe still getting Tua or Justin Herbert?  It's not totally inconceivable.

I'm friends with the brother of an NFL scout.  And despite how great Burrows was this year, I can tell you that (at least some) teams are WAY more excited about Trevor Lawrence coming out next year.  It's something to consider when looking at the "bad" teams who are in a position to draft a QB in 2020.

3 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like that will leave the Steelers as the only afc north team without their QB of the future and no 1st rd pick. You hate to see it. 

well, Fitzpatrick (safety) turned out well in exchange for their 1st this year.  

Wouldn't surprise me to see them draft a Rd.2 guy and cut some people to get a lower tier FA.  

17 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

well, Fitzpatrick (safety) turned out well in exchange for their 1st this year.  

Wouldn't surprise me to see them draft a Rd.2 guy and cut some people to get a lower tier FA.  

I don’t anticipate a day 2 pick or a Lower tier FA becoming their QB of the future. They tried the day 2 thing with mason Rudolph so they already have that, and they are already paying Ben so don’t see them getting a decent FA QB either. But you never know. They simply aren’t in a good position QB wise, regardless of the fact they got better at safety. I like Fitzpatrick but he was invisible in some of the our big games including ours. I’m not a proponent of using a 1st rounder on a safety and they did by trading theirs away for him. Jmo 

I hope he's great right away

I can't explain it, but I want the Browns to continue to implode. A division with Lamar, Big Ben and this promising rookie, coupled with a totally dysfunctional front office/coaching structure,  doesn't bode well. 

Wait until Stefanski is submitting his rough drafts of game plans to professors Haslam and Depodesta, who have both earned their stripes through success in the league, for revision and commentary before they give him the OK or make him do a re-write. LOL

Depodesta might even commute into work every few weeks just to check in. 

I'm shocked, because I always thought I would root for them to be good because their fans deserve it. But as soon as they were the popular SB pick last summer I couldn't stand them, and Baker Mayfield isn't as fun as I thought he would be. 

Edited by TheFunPolice