Mr Burrow says Joe Burrow would be happy to be drafted by Bengals

Father says Joe Burrow would be happy to be drafted by Bengals 

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/28499580/joe-burrow-dad-says-qb-happy-challenge-bengals

LSU quarterback Joe Burrow doesn't appear to have any reservations about playing for the Cincinnati Bengals.

Jimmy Burrow, the father of the Heisman Trophy winner, told Montreal's TSN 690 radio on Thursday that his son has no qualms about wearing orange and black if the Bengals take Joe with the top overall pick in the NFL draft.

"He's excited to even be in that conversation and if the Bengals do draft him, he's going to be happy," Jimmy Burrow told the Canadian radio affiliate.

ESPN's Mel Kiper has Burrow ranked as the No. 2 overall prospect in April's draft, and ESPN's Todd McShay projects he will go to Cincinnati with the No. 1 pick.

In an interview with the Bengals' in-house website, Cincinnati quarterbacks coach Alex Van Pelt praised Burrow's ability to create plays, limit turnovers and make good decisions.

"He definitely checks off a lot of boxes early on in the evaluation process," Van Pelt told Bengals.com. "He's definitely an intriguing guy.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, matter2003 said:

Is there any doubt he is going #1?  I mean this is like Andrew Luck getting drafted #1 and Indy claiming "they haven't made any decisions".  C'mon.  Nobody is believing that.

Yeah, and why is Mel Kiper saying #2?  He is far and away the #1 prospect this year.  No way Chase Young is #1 overall.  If any team, even ones with a top ten QB, passed him over with the first pick they'd be stupid.

• Thank you (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Looks like that will leave the Steelers as the only afc north team without their QB of the future and no 1st rd pick. You hate to see it. 

Such a shame

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

Well no kidding. Not that he has much choice anyways. 

40 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Eli Manning says hi.

Well, those are his two good choices in his situation: Be gracious or go full out Manning. And it’s too soon to go Manning on the Bengals anyway.  That’s only after your are unquestionably the pick at 1 and you’ve back channeled your way into an understanding with another top 5 drafting team.  I don’t expect that, but there’s still time. 

Edited by BarleyNY

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Nice to hear a parent and player being grateful and gracious about a potential team.  

+1

Sad that this is considered 'news'.  Why wouldn't he be happy about it?  It's not like the Bengals have been a disastrous franchise for decades.  They were a perennial playoff team until a few years ago. 

37 minutes ago, ScotSHO said:

Yeah, and why is Mel Kiper saying #2?  He is far and away the #1 prospect this year.  No way Chase Young is #1 overall.  If any team, even ones with a top ten QB, passed him over with the first pick they'd be stupid.

I mean Chase Young MIGHT be a better player but no team is passing up a potentially great QB for a DE

1 hour ago, ScotSHO said:

How dare you question the great and powerful Mel Kiper, Jr.  

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Of course he’s going to Cincinnati. I’m sure that’s not his first choice but since he has no control he will accept it. Burrow has “it.” He has all of the QB intangibles and incredible pocket awareness. I will be surprised if he isn’t a good NFL QB.

I'm here too. I do have a slight question about how high the ceiling is in that he is already 23, not sure how much more development there is in there, he already looks like a mature, professional football player out there. But as I have said often on this board I value floors when I evaluate much more than I value ceilings and to me Joe Burrow's floor basically starts where the guy he is replacing has been - I think he could come into the NFL and perform at an Andy Dalton level from day 1. Everything thereafter is found money.

• Like (+1) 2