Bills Wire Mock Draft Podcast

I don't know about these guys.  Are they competitors?  I've got nothing against them, but their mock draft was flat out weird.  

They had a pretty good discussion about the first round pick, Laviska the WR vs. Chaisson the pass rusher....and they had me convinced that they were taking the pass rush guy, because you can get a good WR in the 2nd, and the pass rush guy is pretty damn good.  Then they took Shenault.

That's fine, can't go wrong there.

But the rest of the draft was just weird; like they're on some mind-bending ether binge.  They took Arnett from Ohio State in the 2nd, Kareem, a DE in the 3rd, Chase something from Notre Dame in the 4th, etc. etc.  Each pick was more puzzling than the next.  

I enjoyed the giggling, though.  They seem like good dudes.

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

passing on Chaisson seems like a mistake.  Getting both Shenault and Claypool seems like a win.  Getting all 3 would be amazing.  

Almost like tight end last year, hope they get 2 in the draft. One high one low

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood
  • Like (+1) 1

I didn’t watch all of the game, but I kept looking for Chaisson, but didn’t see him. Did he play?

1 minute ago, offyourocker said:

I hope they spend on a DE in free agency (N’gakoue) and on a WR.  Then use first round for a DE or WR as BPA

I hope they get N’gakoue in FA. Wonder if we could get N’gakoue and RB Henry in FA and then concentrate on the draft?  I would like to see them get 2 WRs through FA and draft.

We have 2 starting caliber WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB. Josh needs more weapons to be successful. 

• Like (+1) 2

The way many of the people on this board are banging the table for Shenault, that's the same way I'm banging the table for Claypool. He's Mike Evans 2.0 if you watch him play. He would be the PERFECT addition to this offense for Josh. 

14 hours ago, Jim said:

Chase Claypool from Notre Dame would actually be great if we could get him. He's big and I think he'd possibly be a real asset for Josh.

I agree, in my own Mock where I prioritized LB in the 1st and got Pittman Jr. in the 2nd, I still took Claypool in the 6th at pick 168. Now, so much has to happen before then and I doubt he lasts until the 6th but if so, it's a great value if it were to happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BigBuff423 said:

I agree, in my own Mock where I prioritized LB in the 1st and got Pittman Jr. in the 2nd, I still took Claypool in the 6th at pick 168. Now, so much has to happen before then and I doubt he lasts until the 6th but if so, it's a great value if it were to happen. 

Yeah, that's not happening. At the absolute latest he comes off the board on day 2. He's gonna show well at the combine. 

• Like (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, offyourocker said:

I hope they spend on a DE in free agency (N’gakoue) and on a WR.  Then use first round for a DE or WR as BPA

Best available in round 1 is how they should always go. Could be any position other than QB. 

I like the idea of WR in round 2 and then another WR between rounds 3-4.

1 hour ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Best available in round 1 is how they should always go. Could be any position other than QB. 

I like the idea of WR in round 2 and then another WR between rounds 3-4.

Also wouldn't make sense to take a Safety, RB, Center, Kicker, or Punter. Probably not DT either.

17 hours ago, TC in St. Louis said:

I don't know about these guys.  Are they competitors?  I've got nothing against them, but their mock draft was flat out weird.  

They had a pretty good discussion about the first round pick, Laviska the WR vs. Chaisson the pass rusher....and they had me convinced that they were taking the pass rush guy, because you can get a good WR in the 2nd, and the pass rush guy is pretty damn good.  Then they took Shenault.

That's fine, can't go wrong there.

But the rest of the draft was just weird; like they're on some mind-bending ether binge.  They took Arnett from Ohio State in the 2nd, Kareem, a DE in the 3rd, Chase something from Notre Dame in the 4th, etc. etc.  Each pick was more puzzling than the next.  

I enjoyed the giggling, though.  They seem like good dudes.

Arnett is an excellent CB and would give us a crazy good CB tandem, Kareem is a solid DE and Chase Claypool from ND has size and is excellent at high-pointing the ball. I would be thrilled with that draft. 

17 hours ago, DJB said:

Pass on Shenault. There are better WR in this draft that could be available when we pick. 

Higgins and Jefferson are two of them

...interesting...I don't get to see college ball but Shenault is highly spoken of as "the pick" by TBD collegiate ball gurus......

3 hours ago, PIZ said:

I didn’t watch all of the game, but I kept looking for Chaisson, but didn’t see him. Did he play?

I hope they get N’gakoue in FA. Wonder if we could get N’gakoue and RB Henry in FA and then concentrate on the draft?  I would like to see them get 2 WRs through FA and draft.

We have 2 starting caliber WRs, 1 TE, and 1 RB. Josh needs more weapons to be successful. 

I can’t see any way they go after Henry.  

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I like both those receivers.....but I am wondering why you think they are better then Shenault who looks like a stud

Shenault my guess doesn't run well in the 40. He bullied some DB's in a weaker conference. 

Both Higgins and Jefferson are better at creating separation imo and I think are going to be better at the NFL level

6 hours ago, RyanC883 said:

passing on Chaisson seems like a mistake.  Getting both Shenault and Claypool seems like a win.  Getting all 3 would be amazing.  

I'm lost on the Chaisson love. I looked for him to put his imprint on the championship game and didn't see it. I'm not seeing a 1st rd talent in him.