Bills final PFF ratings - Offence

DJB

2 hours ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Tough to blame him in anyway for the ankle injury.  I thought there was no way he'd play again this year as the way it was rolled looked almost as bad as could be.

I’m not knocking the guy at all, he’s played fantastic and he’s a capable starter. I just wouldn’t bank on him being available the whole season. Very few guys hold up in their mid 30’s. I think he’d be more valuable as our swing tackle than a starter. 

14 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

We need a big running back for tough yards. It would be like Mike Alstott and Warrick Dunn ( Singletary already better than Dunn was on his best day)  from the late 90's Bucs . We do that and get a solid WR we are golden.

Funny you bring this duo up, as I watched them a ton, and although Dunn would cut and juke everyone, Alstott would literally run at defenders and bowl them over.  He was a jack hammer.  Gruden was an ars for not using Alstott as much as Dungy.  I couldn’t agree more with all of what you said, and a solid pass catching TE, dump Kroft and Smith.  That would be a nice trio with the other weapons and watch what happens next year with our offense.

12 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I’m not knocking the guy at all, he’s played fantastic and he’s a capable starter. I just wouldn’t bank on him being available the whole season. Very few guys hold up in their mid 30’s. I think he’d be more valuable as our swing tackle than a starter. 

I see where you're going, it's not his "football mileage" it's his calendar age that's of concern to you.  I think that's probably a reasonable point - 11 of the top 25 AAV tackles listed on OTC are 30 or older, but only 2 others are close in age to Nsekhe

1 hour ago, Bray Wyatt said:

T Neskhe 

Pass pro - 71.1

Run block - 69.1

Overall - 67.3

How can his overall be lower than the grades he got for pass and run block?

PFF is a mystery wrapped in an enigma, generated by an algorithm too complex for mere mortal mathematicians and scientists to understand.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 hours ago, billrooter said:

Not saying Singletary can't become a better rb than Dunn, but to say he is a better running back than Dunn ever was is stretching it a bit IMO. You do realize Dunn had a very good career and almost 11,000 rushing yards in the league BC? I am bias about my team at times but that is kind of silly.

Well I have a time machine and already saw that Singletary gets 12000 yrds so ....

2 hours ago, Billl said:

Dunn had over 2,000 yards rushing and 800 yards receiving in his first two seasons.  (He’s directly behind OJ Simpson and Shady McCoy on the career rushing list and has another 4,000 yards receiving.) How is Singletary already better than that?

Evidently the team has a hybrid of Russell Wilson and Pat Mahomes at QB and a first ballot HOFer at RB.  Not sure how 22 teams scored more points.

Quit bothering me with trivial things like stats

2 hours ago, Bray Wyatt said:

T Neskhe 

Pass pro - 71.1

Run block - 69.1

Overall - 67.3

How can his overall be lower than the grades he got for pass and run block?

Location factor of 0.96.  Duh, remember Brady told us Buffalo sucks.

And I just realized that the thread title includes the CANADIAN version of offense.  Couldn't quite put my finger on what was wrong, eh?

16 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

Knock these rankings all you want, but they certainly have some merit.

Allen needs to get better. We all know that. 

Spain rated 45!!!! as a run blocker, which surprises me 0.0 percent. He needs to go. Cody Ford also graded low as a run blocker. That's a problem for a guy his size.

My main takeaway is that the offensive line needs to add a couple part to become a competent RUN BLOCK unit. The pass pro wasn't all that much of an issue.

I am guessing the Bills led the league in passing plays with a completely blown blocking assignment of a defender. Pass pro was very good when teams rushed 3.  Just awful on picking up blitzes. 

16 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

He’s good, but his injury history says he will never survive a full season as a starter. He’s no spring chicken. 
He’s better served as depth who can step in and play at a high level when needed. The ultimate swing tackle if you will. 
Getting a legit starting right tackle should be fairly high on the list unless they’re keeping Ford there. 

I agree. Say goodbye to Spain and move Ford into his spot. Sign Conklin or draft a true RT. Then Ty becomes an amazing backup RT.  Nothing surprising about Brown & Beasley's ranking. The sad part is the remaining wr Corp didn't do squat.  Go out and get Shenault. Then turn around and trade up in the 2nd for Jefferson. Najee in the 3rd if still there?

Edited by LABILLBACKER