7 Round Mock

MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

First four picks are ???. I don’t think Shenault will be there though. I think he goes just outside the top 10. How do you feel about Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs and Stephen Guidry though?

like Jefferson and Ruggs a lot. 

I am worried about Shenault climbing as the process goes on. But that means one of the top 4 are falling. I don’t think Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs and Shenault all get picked before us. 

I just really started digging in hard to draft. I will need to get back on Guidry. 

I love Throckmorton as well. Any mock I do I will try to pick him as long as value right. Like Bates has experience at every position on the OL. 

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

like Jefferson and Ruggs a lot. 

I am worried about Shenault climbing as the process goes on. But that means one of the top 4 are falling. I don’t think Juedy, Lamb, Ruggs and Shenault all get picked before us. 

I just really started digging in hard to draft. I will need to get back on Guidry. 

Be sure to get back to me on Guidry, I’d love to hear your thoughts. He’s a 3rd round / 4th round prospect.

4 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

If we get Etienne in the 3rd round, that would be great but does it seem likely that he will be there that late?

I just realized that I will be on a redeye flight to Europe for a river cruise the night of the first night of the draft. I am suddenly very bummed about what should be a great trip. 

Eno Benjamin or Najee Harris wouldn’t be bad options there as well.

4 hours ago, Sunshower said:

Eno Benjamin or Najee Harris wouldn’t be bad options there as well.

Najee is said to be returning to school. Word is that he wants to get better in his 40 time. He is a fine RB but imo he needs to hit holes just a little bit faster. If he can do this it will be even tougher to bring him down.

Edited by Bill from NYC
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Billsfansinceday1 said:

If we get Etienne in the 3rd round, that would be great but does it seem likely that he will be there that late?

I just realized that I will be on a redeye flight to Europe for a river cruise the night of the first night of the draft. I am suddenly very bummed about what should be a great trip. 

Etienne is returning to Clemson 

• Like (+1) 2

I love this. 

16 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Wow.  Awful decision.  He’s not improving his draft stock and no position has a shorter shelf life than RB.  

Yep. See: Bryce Love.

Expected second round pick after his junior year, went back and had an injury riddled season and went in the fourth. 

Edited by whatdrought

On 1/16/2020 at 4:15 PM, Sunshower said:

First four picks are ???. I don’t think Shenault will be there though. I think he goes just outside the top 10. How do you feel about Justin Jefferson, Henry Ruggs and Stephen Guidry though?

...don't get to see college ball, so I depend on the TBD collegiate ball experts.....why so many negatives, contrary to your forecast, about the Shenault kid?.....what are his perceived negatives?.....also, what about the Higgins kid from Clemson?......unless I'm mistaken, he seemed to be highly talked about here...was the LSU game an opinion changer?...........

On 1/16/2020 at 4:27 PM, Sunshower said:

Be sure to get back to me on Guidry, I’d love to hear your thoughts. He’s a 3rd round / 4th round prospect.

I have Guidry as a late round pick to Priority UFA.  He is 67th ranked WR prospect.

Thoughts:

Hands are good, however a smallish catch radius for a WR with his size.

I would anticipate somewhere in the 4.5-4.6 40 range, some will say he will run in the 4.4s but I don't see it on tape but I don't think will get an invite to the combine 

Good Body control 

Stiff out of breaks does not sink hips in cuts

Route Tree is very limited

Does flash big play ability avged ovr 30 ypc

Plays smaller than his size

Seems to get up to speed fast.

lets ball into his body more than he should

Best Trait is getting off the line with Press Coverage in his face, has a great release.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I have Guidry as a late round pick to Priority UFA.  He is 67th ranked WR prospect.

Thoughts:

Hands are good, however a smallish catch radius for a WR with his size.

I would anticipate somewhere in the 4.5-4.6 40 range, some will say he will run in the 4.4s but I don't see it on tape but I don't think will get an invite to the combine 

Good Body control 

Stiff out of breaks does not sink hips in cuts

Route Tree is very limited

Does flash big play ability avged ovr 30 ypc

Plays smaller than his size

Seems to get up to speed fast.

lets ball into his body more than he should

Best Trait is getting off the line with Press Coverage in his face, has a great release.

How do you feel about:

Josh Uche, LB, Michigan

Willie Gay, LB, Mississippi State

Pete Werner, LB, OSU

Think any of these guys could take over for Zo? What rounds do you see them going in?

12 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

How do you feel about:

Josh Uche, LB, Michigan

Willie Gay, LB, Mississippi State

Pete Werner, LB, OSU

Think any of these guys could take over for Zo? What rounds do you see them going in?

Josh Uche - early grade was 3rd rounder, I think he goes in the 2nd now.

Performing really well at Senior Bowl really helping him.

Great Athlete with quick twitch, his explosion drills should test well.

Explosive first step

Fluid back peddle and can carry his zone

Decent counters in pass rush

Productive in limited playing time

On the Smallish side build wise and length

Lacks inside counters do to lack of strength, OTs can sit on outside speed rush

struggles to disengage

rotational player in college and think will be a rotational player in NFL

Willie Gay - have him as a 5th rounder right now

Not a great run defender, gets caught in wash

Terrific Zone instincts

Major Off-field flags that would need to be cleared up 

very limited pass rush skills, has no counters to speak of

Doesn't seem to have a plan with his rush.

Pete Werner - 3rd round

Tweener - not sure of his position LBer or S

really good in coverage on TEs

going to time well  

I do not think he his a LBer without adding 20 LBS

Look at him as that hybrid "Big Nickle" type

Needs the right defense to play in

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.